U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 AM

303 posts, read 1,007,708 times
Default Nyu

I am sure this has been asked for but after doing a search I ended up with very little results.
I have a contract job at NYU. I will be driving from Secaucas , NJ.
Where is the BEST parking available around that area for the BEST price.I have a Toyota RAV4.
Thank you in advance.
Also I have been asked about taking a contract at HARLEM Hopsital on Lenox ave.
Is this a safe area? Will I have problems with parking my car? car being robbed? Would I be safe walking for blocks?
Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 AM

1,810 posts, read 4,057,371 times
You are wise to park in a garage or lot in Greenwich Village.
I would go with an outdoor lot since having an SUV might be more expensive in an indoor garage.

Is your schedule going to be Monday-Friday or as in a as needed basis? I don't know much about the area around Harlem Hospital
but it's a safe bet that parking garage/lots rates are lower then in the west village.

Cars don't get robbed, they get broken into, jacked or stolen. I would worry more about you getting robbed up in Harlem rather then your car getting broken into.

Parking Lots West Village in New York City - Citidex New York City

Wouldn't taking the train/subway to where you have to go in the city make more sense money and time wise?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM

335 posts, read 832,763 times
"A contract job at NYU" is not sufficiently descriptive. The student and academnic buildings have expanded (sort of like a really bad rash) throughout the village and east village. I assume from the second question that this is a medical-related position. The main hospital and med school is on 34th street, the dental school a little further south, and NYU runs what used to be Beekman Downtown hospital. So, your destination needs to be narrowed before any suggestions can be given.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 PM

303 posts, read 1,007,708 times
NYU-Tisch Building on First Ave .
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:50 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,254,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energygrrl View Post
NYU-Tisch Building on First Ave .
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Use the link the find out good parking rates:

New York City Parking Garage Rates - Compare Daily/Monthly - Manhattan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City