U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 670 times
Default Seeking Free-standing Garage in central Brooklyn

Hello -

I am an artist looking for a garage to rent anywhere in Brooklyn that is somewhat centrally located - to specify - I lived in the Bushwick area for many years and now I live in Park Slope, but it is easy for me to get to Crown Heights, Bed-Stuy, Bushwick, Prospect Heights, Fort Greene, etc. and it will be easy for the people that I work with to get there as well. I would prefer that the garage is free-standing so that no one is bothered or disturbed by my working there. It would need working outlets and it would be fantastic if it had a bathroom but if not, oh well. I see a lot of garages listed on Craigslist from $175 - $400 depending on size but most of them are a bit far or are attached to homes - and yet every day I see free-standing garages on the streets everywhere, sometimes with for rent signs (never a phone number), but I never seem to catch someone around them that I can inquire with. I would love to find a garage that I could settle into for a long-term rental. Thank you for your help.

-A.S. Grey
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 10:35 PM

6,622 posts, read 10,706,996 times
Why don't you type of a sheet of paper with your contact info and leave it at these garages where you see the for rent signs?
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: