U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM

17 posts, read 17,827 times
Default How about the Queens?

Hi
i'm an italian student who is attending the nyu poly!
i'm very quiet and this is my first time in new york! now i have taken a single room paying 900 $ per month! the place is brooklyn next to the franklin ave station! telling the true i don't like this place too much, it seems to be unsafe! so either for the place either for the high rent fees i have decided to move in another place for october!
I'm giving a look on craigslist but it very difficult in finding a room! i have seen several good dealings on the Queens... from google maps it seems to be a very very good place! it seems to be the quiet part of america that i have always loved!
But some friends of mine says to me that queens is a bad area, worse respect the bronx!! is it true?
Could you give me some advices about the place that i should avoid?
and could you give me the same advices for brooklyn?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 PM

15,249 posts, read 12,414,361 times
Many areas in Queens are excellent & safe places to live. Which neighborhoods are you considering?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM

17 posts, read 17,827 times
the place is this 87th Street, East Elmhurst, NY 11369! is it good?
And then could you tell me how could i reach six metrotech in brooklyn?

Old 09-12-2010, 03:58 PM

1,810 posts, read 4,059,753 times
87th St..closer to Northern Blvd or Astoria Blvd? It's not a bad area at all. Way better then where you are now in Brooklyn. LOL, it's the other way around, the Bronx overall is worse then Queens.

It's going to be bus and subway to get where you need to go in Brooklyn.
Q66 Bus westbound on Northern Blvd, get off at Queensboro Plaza, get on the N train and get off at Lawrence St-Metro Tech stop.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM

6,855 posts, read 11,271,172 times
The area you listed in Queens is fine, but I suggest that you shouldn't move to Queens if your school is in Brooklyn as you will not like the commute. there are many many neighborhoods in Brooklyn where you can get a $900 (or less) room in a nice, safe neighborhood that has an easy commute to your campus. Try Bay Ridge, South Slope, Windsor Terrace, Kensington and Ditmas Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City