U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-12-2010, 05:12 PM

6,308 posts, read 5,928,465 times
Default Political phone calls

I am so done with receiving these. 3-4 times a day, every day of the week and just got one a few minutes ago - it is 7 pm on Sunday night.

I promise you that I am going to vote for the opposition of the ones who have arranged for these calls that from North Dakota - yup, I have caller ID. I am answering and letting them waste their time, but not listening, except for the name.

I promise you, jerk, I am voting for your opponent.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM

21 posts, read 2,345 times
The Do Not Call Registry would solve the problem for you.

Unread 09-13-2010, 06:05 AM

6,308 posts, read 5,928,465 times
Really? Since when is the exclusion for political calls rescinded?

Perhaps you need to look up what the DNC Registry is about.

Unread 09-13-2010, 06:22 AM

2,232 posts, read 3,266,856 times
Ive never gotten a single political call before. I guess I'm lucky

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:00 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,777,049 times
Do Not Call is not, unfortunately, a solution. Politicians wrote those DNC laws, remember? The political calls are allowed.

Your best chance is to block all calls which do not have a name ( like out-of-area, blocked, no name, etc.) It will substantially decrease the calls. OTOH, you may miss someone who wants to call you: if you block that type of call, the person gets a message to allow their name to be seen and it will go through ( some political calls do this). That is the way Verizon landline works. My AT&T cell cannot block anything -- and my # is like a business on the other side of the country, so I get lots of calls when people misdial ( with them, the phone has to be able to block )

Best way to stop political calls? Don't vote. Seriously. They call registered voters who tend to vote all the time the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City