Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 16,356 times

Advertisements

I want to expand our delivery route and was wondering where are the safe Zoe's and bad zones

How far up should I go starting from Pelham parkway south and white plains and how far east and west should I go

Please tell me te street name rather theocation such as the Pelham parkway projects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Don't really know how to answer this question for you because there are no hard and fast rules.Generally between Pelham Parkway and Allerton Ave you are fine from Bronx Park East all the way across to Co op City.Above Allerton ,up to Gun Hill, there are pockets of bad areas scattered here and there but certainly not so bad that you shouldn't deliver as there are also plenty of decent areas scattered through there too.I mean pretty much everyone else delivers so why should't you ? I assume you will be delivering during the day, in which case I wouldn't even say you have to avoid a lot of the projects.

Even up in the extreme Northeast Bronx ,above Gun Hill Road ,there are a lot of decent areas mixed in with some bad ones so again,delivering something during the day shouldn't be much of a problem.

What are you delivering anyway ? If Fresh Direct ,Macy's,Sleepy's ,PC Richards,etc have no problem delivering everywhere in The Bx why can't you ?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:25 PM

Well the thing is I deliver on a bike so I want to see how far up should I go ot how far west an east

Actually I will be delivering up to 11:30 pm

So pretty late

Where is co op city

Do u agree with the Bronx safety map posted on this forum

In that case I won't deliver above allerton

Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 PM

33 posts, read 81,763 times
dont mean to offend, but since you mention bike I started thinking along the lines of chinese food. I know there have been attacks on chinese delivery on the news but I think they were down in the south bx where these muggings have been happening. Hey bluedog2 hows bronx park E blvd from pelham parkway going up to Magenta st? Area looks decent although looks can be deceiving. Should be safe for deliveries even on bike. As far as above Allerton, its not like above it is a warzone or totally unsafe, towards the east above allerton is decent. (IMO). This is NYC and things can happen anywhere anytime without warning. Best bet would be to probably ride around there during the times you would be doing delivery to get a feel. Do it now as the colder months are different from warmer months since people are inside, not outside in the cold.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 AM

Well it doesn't matter if I did work for a chinese restaurant. The thing is I need to deliver somewhere that is safe. I deliver all day long so basically even night till midnight. IDK how it is in the dark and I am mostly likely will have to go into buildings.

I looked at the map on this forum, and everything is white until you pass the allerton point. But I noticed there are a lot of apt pass allerton points. Do you think the map is accurate?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 PM

33 posts, read 81,763 times
what are the cross streets above allerton? some blocks are quiet. the others work hard to take care of their property. most i've seen is guys smoking weed outside. this does not bother me. i rather they chill out and smoke weed than do something malicious.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorunfasterz View Post
Well it doesn't matter if I did work for a chinese restaurant. The thing is I need to deliver somewhere that is safe. I deliver all day long so basically even night till midnight. IDK how it is in the dark and I am mostly likely will have to go into buildings.

I looked at the map on this forum, and everything is white until you pass the allerton point. But I noticed there are a lot of apt pass allerton points. Do you think the map is accurate?
You are looking for absolutes and there are none.The area above Allerton is generally not as safe as the area below and that is why there is a color change on the map but it doesn't mean that it's a bad or dangerous area.If you go beck and read my 1st post to you on this issue you will find as specific and accurate answer as you are going to get.

Beyond that,it's up to you to do your own scouting and research and see how you feel.Go ride your bike around the areas you are considering and decide for yourself.No one can give you the guaranteed safety you seem to be looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City