Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM

10 posts, read 17,289 times

Advertisements

Hi, I would like to know which borough would suit me better?
I know Staten Island is pretty isolated. The Bronx has a higher crime rate than the other boroughs. I think I'm just trying to decide between Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. I would love to have you guys' opinions on each of the boroughs. Thanks.

I prefer high density places, like I like everything crammed together & building up, like you can walk out of your apartment (another thing, I prefer apartments rather than houses) & see tons of restaurants, shops. I like crowded areas, anytime of the day & night.
I don't want to drive a vehicle; I would be much more willing to take public transportation.
I'm more into foods, cultures, attractions, shopping, nightlife, etc. as opposed to history, architectures, etc.
I'm very ambitious, open-minded and a liberal person.
I'm a fast-paced person and like experiencing and trying new things.
I would also like to go into business and finance.
I have no interest in any aspect of suburban life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
It sounds like Manhattan is for you. Or a certain few neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:08 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Yes, definitely Manhattan. Plus you can always start a messenger service..or work for one.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Assuming you can afford it, no reason you wouldn't move to Manhattan. If you can't afford Manhattan, north Brooklyn or west Queens would work.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 AM

10 posts, read 17,289 times
Can someone give me a more detailed aspect of Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn? Or if you feel up to it, a description of the Bronx and Staten Island as well?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 AM

483 posts, read 869,984 times
So u don't want to drive and you are into foods/culture. Your future might be in Williamsburg (Brooklyn).

Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisnotkee View Post
Hi, I would like to know which borough would suit me better?
I know Staten Island is pretty isolated. The Bronx has a higher crime rate than the other boroughs. I think I'm just trying to decide between Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. I would love to have you guys' opinions on each of the boroughs. Thanks.

I prefer high density places, like I like everything crammed together & building up, like you can walk out of your apartment (another thing, I prefer apartments rather than houses) & see tons of restaurants, shops. I like crowded areas, anytime of the day & night.
I don't want to drive a vehicle; I would be much more willing to take public transportation.
I'm more into foods, cultures, attractions, shopping, nightlife, etc. as opposed to history, architectures, etc.
I'm very ambitious, open-minded and a liberal person.
I'm a fast-paced person and like experiencing and trying new things.
I would also like to go into business and finance.
I have no interest in any aspect of suburban life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernski View Post
So u don't want to drive and you are into foods/culture. Your future might be in Williamsburg (Brooklyn).
I'm like....totally

Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Manhattan if you can afford it. In Queens, you might consider Astoria.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:12 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Food/Culture/Congested....how about Chinatown?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:29 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,303,224 times
One place would not be for you... Riverdale, NY. It would be too suburban for your liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City