U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 PM

128 posts, read 114,782 times
Exclamation BRONX SUBWAY Police INVESTIGATIONS

Today I was coming home from work on one of the subway trains that goes into the Bronx. On my way home there was a fight between 2 passengers. One ran away while the other was bleeding. Both were wrong. It was a young drunken man who was bothering some of the women on the train as well as the young guy next to him. The guy next to him punched him telling him not to touch him (apparently the drunk put his hand on the other guy's face). After he punched the drunk everyone in that area of the train panicked. As the guy (who punched him) was getting off he told him that he disrespected him & shouldn't disrespect the women around him. The guy & his girl got off the train while the drunk guy was sitting w/ his face down holding up his head w/ his hands (kinda like when you're sitting & you're holding your head up when you have a major headache). As he was holding up his head blood started dripping down creating a small pool in front of him. The women around him panicked (I'll say "Over-reacted") & made comments Instead of Contacting the Conductor Right Away!! (this incident happened in the car where the conductor is) 1 said NOT to Press the button (Red Emergency) & another woman said that she doesn't want to be a witness. Anyway, to make this Long story short the end result was that the Police finally showed up AFTER the MTA workers asked a few questions while the other MTA workers were trying to calm the drunk guy.

Now this station was around 125th St. There were no Cops located at this particular station (The station WASN'T 125TH). The MTA workers just briefly questioned few of those passengers - women about what the guy (1 who punched) looked like & what he was wearing. So, these questions WERE NOT Asked by the Police instead it was the MTA. (So, I Think someone might have just CALLED The Police.)

Anyway, so here are my questions.
1) When an event like this happens on the subway in the Bronx & there's a Police Investigation Would it be on the News?

OR

2) Are Local Crimes not noticed as News?
The reason I ask is that when you're there when it happens you don't get to see what the Police or MTA workers say about What Happened AND The Results on the crime scene.

So, If these Subway Police Investigations are on the News:

3) Would it be on Bronx News 12??

4) Where else can I watch or find out about this?? (that when I came home right after it happened I can later watch it)

I'm just curious to see what the Final Outcome is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 09:15 AM

423 posts, read 754,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certaincircles View Post
Today I was coming home from work on one of the subway trains that goes into the Bronx. On my way home there was a fight between 2 passengers. One ran away while the other was bleeding. Both were wrong. It was a young drunken man who was bothering some of the women on the train as well as the young guy next to him. The guy next to him punched him telling him not to touch him (apparently the drunk put his hand on the other guy's face). After he punched the drunk everyone in that area of the train panicked. As the guy (who punched him) was getting off he told him that he disrespected him & shouldn't disrespect the women around him. The guy & his girl got off the train while the drunk guy was sitting w/ his face down holding up his head w/ his hands (kinda like when you're sitting & you're holding your head up when you have a major headache). As he was holding up his head blood started dripping down creating a small pool in front of him. The women around him panicked (I'll say "Over-reacted") & made comments Instead of Contacting the Conductor Right Away!! (this incident happened in the car where the conductor is) 1 said NOT to Press the button (Red Emergency) & another woman said that she doesn't want to be a witness. Anyway, to make this Long story short the end result was that the Police finally showed up AFTER the MTA workers asked a few questions while the other MTA workers were trying to calm the drunk guy.

Now this station was around 125th St. There were no Cops located at this particular station (The station WASN'T 125TH). The MTA workers just briefly questioned few of those passengers - women about what the guy (1 who punched) looked like & what he was wearing. So, these questions WERE NOT Asked by the Police instead it was the MTA. (So, I Think someone might have just CALLED The Police.)

1) When an event like this happens on the subway in the Bronx & there's a Police Investigation Would it be on the News?

OR

The reason I ask is that when you're there when it happens you don't get to see what the Police or MTA workers say about What Happened AND The Results on the crime scene.

4) Where else can I watch or find out about this?? (that when I came home right after it happened I can later watch it)

Sadly stuff like this happens ALL the time on trains and in the streets, they can't report everything that happens. If I had a dollar for every fight I've seen on the streets or on a train I'd still be pretty poor but I'd be like 30 dollars richer. But yeah, I doubt it's gonna be on the news.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:28 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,253,762 times
Not sure why this is a Bronx thread? You were on a Bronx bound train coming home from work, so this happened in Brooklyn or Manhattan ( but not 125th street according to you).

As Andez stated above, this happens on all trains at all hours. Leave the Bronx out of it.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 AM

40,060 posts, read 19,430,492 times
It sounds like you're more interested to see the incident on the news than anything else. It also sounds like you're unusually unfamiliar with New York City. Every incident can't (and isn't going to be) reported.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 AM

6,534 posts, read 11,091,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Not sure why this is a Bronx thread? You were on a Bronx bound train coming home from work, so this happened in Brooklyn or Manhattan ( but not 125th street according to you).

As Andez stated above, this happens on all trains at all hours. Leave the Bronx out of it.
I wondered the same thing.The incident happened "near 125th St" but "not 125th St" so clearly it must have happened in Harlem(Manhattan).

Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM

8,370 posts, read 7,358,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certaincircles View Post

OR

Most likely someone probably recorded it, it will probably be on youtube like all the other random subway fights.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM

128 posts, read 114,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

SobroGuy,

I wasn't putting down the Bronx. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way. I was just INQUIRING being that this was my 1st encounter. Yes, I was coming FROM MANHATTAN (the Village) & Going TOOOO The BRONX (UPTOWN) Visiting my Family. No IT WASN'T ON 125th Street. It Was ON E.143rd St. & maybe I put this on the wrong Thread Location. Ok, so I made a Mistake, (Whatever) but like I said I have NOTHING AGAINST the Bronx!! Sorry for the Misunderstanding.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 PM

939 posts, read 1,265,017 times
if they put every fight on the news, the 10pm news would end somewhere around 430am...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City