U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 04:36 PM

166 posts, read 248,504 times

Advertisements

I find that watching the flight that you're on flying over these different sections of Queens, Manhattan, etc. fascinating. I've taken a few trips out towards the Midwest & the South (I've also travelled to Arizona & Calif. yrs. ago.) during last Summer (2009) & this Spring (2010). So, I stumbled onto people taking Videos on YouTube of their flight taking off or arriving as well as let's say flying OVER New Jersey or Manhattan when their plane is ALREADY up in the sky.

Anyway, I wanted to know since these people are able to do so

1) Are they Allowed to do this?

OR

2) Do they have to "Get Permission"?? Meaning in 1 Vid I saw that there was a Comment asking the person who took the Video "how did that person get to take a Video w/out anyone knowing". The Answer that he/she gave was that "the flight attendants were sitting in front of the plane & so he/she was able to do this" (& I think he said "W/out them knowing").

3) Are these people able to get thru Security? (Would this a Security thing - issue?)

4) Would you have to give your reasons for doing this?
4a) If so, How do they get passed Security?

I know you're allowed to listen to your I-Pods & use Cell Phones (also I know that there are certain times in which the Flight Attendants will ask you to turn them off), but I'm not really sure about this.

So this is the 1st Vid that had pointed this out where compared to this 1 Vid all the other Vids that other people took there was NO MENTION (or an "ISSUE") of being NOT ALLOWED to take a Vid.

In case I'm Not Allowed to do this Please Apply the Same Questions above for Taking Pics (I'd like to use this as another alternative). I'm interested in this as well.

I'm open to any suggestions or comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 05:25 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,845,880 times
I'm sorry, you have exceeded the number of smilies allowed per post.

We will be forced to shut you down for smallface abuse.

(just kidding)

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 PM

166 posts, read 248,504 times
I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a limit. Ok, you can shut it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City