U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,740,452 times

Advertisements

iam 51 years old ..plus i lived all over the world and the states ..so here is a list of places i have lived in the following big citys in the US -- Las Vegas Neveda== Los Angles Ca --Maimi FL-- Chicago Ill--Detroit Mich --Phx Az --Honolulu Hawaii --Gulfport Miss--- and the following citys overseas Berlin Germany and Frankfurt Germany--Paris France --Rome Italy --Naples Italy --Dubin Ireland --London England --Hafia Israel --Seoul South Korea --

i bounced all over the world in my work and time in the military service . where i come from it was not normal growing up in a small town and leaveing it all behind and wandering the world looking for bight lights of the city for the first time it was amazing to me ..

plus i love the fast pace lifestyle of the big city and the slow pace of the my little home in Utah as my father used to say i was trapped by the big lights and the pace of the city but still had that little bit of country left in me to make me want to come home and stay ..for my father and mother use to say i had the wanderlust of the family for i allways wanted to see what was over the next hill or valley

so when iam asking question for one reason it about the simple fact of someone is trying to talk me into the going there and live and work ..so i learn to ask question of people..most time in the old day it was a week long trip looking at the place and going out at diff times of the day and night to see what the place was like and what was open at the time ..then makeing my mind up if i move there or not ..

plus everyone who i met who flew into Vegas to party was not from the big apple ..they where from the midwest or transplants from other areas of the New York or New Jeresy area or the southern areas of the US i did met a few west coast people who moved there for work ..i did meet a couple of people who where born and raised in the city but they where rare as hen teeth ..now down in Maimi i met alot of the socalled big apple transplants liveing down there that where i feel in love with the some of the trade marks of the big apple for the cooking was great in my area where i lived for we had a lot of older Jewish and Italian grandmothers who cook a lot and was allways feed me when i down there ..i never cooked when i lived down there ..there was allways some nice lady giveing me food ..i would give them money for the food and it was like a perfect trade for me beening single ..

Last edited by henry1; 11-19-2010 at 05:48 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM

442 posts, read 745,389 times
lol @ chicago. that place sucks so bad. whatever i dont care that much to argue its not like im a spokesperson for nyc and other places may be more fun. but i make good money here and the oppurtunities are endless

Old 11-19-2010, 10:06 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,740,452 times
the only thing nice i have to say about liveing in the windy city was the view of it in my rear view mirror when i was leaveing on the highway .. the times i have been there i enjoy the big apple alot from the food to the theatre where i saw the CATS and Riverdance when i was on business there for company

Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 358 times
i want a guardian in nyc

Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
With $7,000 in hand, I plan on making the move to Brooklyn to live in a shared apartment. I will not have a job starting out, but I intend upon finding one or making one for myself. I certainly won't be living high on the saddle, but I would rather live poorly in NYC than like a king in Kingsport, Tennessee. And I certainly do not live like a king in Kingsport. Currently working as a dishwasher for a big restaurant, so I am no stranger to hard, dirty work. And so I am willing to do what it takes!
Badjuju - please take the excellent advice given by Cavaturaccioli. Go for it! I am planning to move back to NYC myself. I lived there years ago and have wanted to move back for years now. Give it a try! You only have one life and I can tell that your heart is telling you to go there - follow it! Look into apartment shares where you can rent a room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City