U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 PM

149 posts, read 190,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
LOL. I did a search of apartments for rent in The Bronx and put "no programs" into the search field and got 34 hits.It's almost a tie.
LOL, I suppose you have to be direct-"no section 8" will nearly double that!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 PM

13,792 posts, read 25,181,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecold2011 View Post
And I agree with all of them that the vast majority of section 8 people are on the ghetto side. Those are actual facts. Therefore why many people think "poor" or section 8 people are undesirable and they are. Sorry if the truth hurts.
You now understand the purpose of Section... it is to breakdown the "Ghetto" and mainstream low income people.

Section 8 is not something new... 40 years plus that I've known people in the program.

Every time a project is demolished... the residents of "Conventional" housing are given Vouchers to integrate the community.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM

13,792 posts, read 25,181,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Full subsidy usually means welfare. That is not good.

I just wish section 8 people could be given housing in the neighborhoods of the people who create the laws to protect them. When section 8 people are placed in the upper middle class neighborhoods, I will concede. We all can be hardworking, upstanding folks together. That's true integration.
Section 8 has no geographic limitations... all that is required is a landlord willing to accept the payment offered and a unit that meets HQS... (Housing Quality Standards)

Section 8 Vouchers are portable and not limited to anyone city of county.

Makes no difference... Manhattan or Beverly Hills.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 PM

10 posts, read 1,553 times
Ha Joe the Plumber type? You know you really want to say cracker or honky. But that's ok sista, I'm going to take the high road and not stoop down to your level. SMH

All I got to say is that like-minded people stick together. You advocate for section 8/welfare people which makes you ...one of them with similar background and upbringing. You people are all cut from the same cloth. Yeah I get it.

I on the other hand advocate for clean, quiet and ghetto free neighborhoods in NYC which the culprits are usually low class section 8/welfare people that really belong in the projects with other like-minded people of their kind. . Nothing wrong with wanting a clean, quiet neighborhood. Just don't bring that hood stuff in my backyard that's all.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:08 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,845,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecold2011 View Post
Ha Joe the Plumber type? You know you really want to say cracker or honky. But that's ok sista, I'm going to take the high road and not stoop down to your level. SMH

All I got to say is that like-minded people stick together. You advocate for section 8/welfare people which makes you ...one of them with similar background and upbringing. You people are all cut from the same cloth. Yeah I get it.

I on the other hand advocate for clean, quiet and ghetto free neighborhoods in NYC which the culprits are usually low class section 8/welfare people that really belong in the projects with other like-minded people of their kind. . Nothing wrong with wanting a clean, quiet neighborhood. Just don't bring that hood stuff in my backyard that's all.
"You people"? Your first paragraph made me raise an eyebrow so please tell me I'm wrong.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:23 PM

Ok let me rephrase...all these people or how about you alls or ya'll? That better?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:04 AM

43 posts, read 42,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
I stand behind your post too. You told it like it is! No sugar coating...just the real truth of it all...and YES, most of the time those snobby college students DO end up paying their way in the world. While I'm not a fan of snobby college students, there's a difference between being young, partying, drinking, smoking, and not being mature enough to keep your living space organized and being a 30-40 year old with a litter of kids, no job, WIC, EBT, Section 8, and a lack of energy to even care what your neighborhood looks like...after all, why would you? It's FREE.

I don't know about any of you, but I value the things that I work hard for. None of that exists with government handouts.
Not that I should explain, but NONE of the bolded exist in my mothers household. SHE is older and the only one in my family on aid, I came home for a period of less than a year to help her out with daily activities, not for a handout.

I'm done fueling this conversation. It seems alot of you are set on creating this huge divide between ME and YOU, and MY People and Those People. It really just goes to show the assumptions that are being made. I don't have kids and am not on any type of assistance. I am a college student and a full time employee, but I'm not one that gets drunk every night, breaking beer bottles, being loud with music and talking, and walking around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment, (like the snobby student neighbors... psss, guess what? They are acting ghetto LOL), but of course I am looked down on because my mom is on aid.

Certain people in this thread seem to need another group to blame things on, good for you folks. I like taking ownership and responsibility for myself, but I will not take ownership for this alleged group of welfare queens it seems your trying to associate me/my mom with.

Stonecold, when you want to argue, try using correct grammar and less emotion. Truth hurts right

Last edited by DivaCoast415; 11-16-2010 at 12:36 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 06:34 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,845,211 times
Yeah, okay. Seems like certain people are saying, without saying it, that all ghetto, irresponsible people on welfare are minorities. Funny, since that's not entirely what I've seen.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 AM

17 posts, read 21,764 times
DivaCoast, you go girl!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:35 AM

Yeah you go girlfriend. Two snaps up in a circle!!! (Ugh... SMH!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City