U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 PM

161 posts, read 612,029 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on the neighborhood Greenpoint?

Also what is it like in Greenpoint,Brooklyn?

Just want to get your input on Greenpoint,Brooklyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 09:19 AM

15,568 posts, read 24,899,254 times
My opinion, I think it is a crappy looking neighborhood.

Doesn't mean it isn't safe or fun or convenient, I just think looking around the neighborhood, it is really crappy looking

Old 11-18-2010, 09:45 AM

2,868 posts, read 4,141,820 times
My nephew's been living there for ten years or so, even before the hipsters knew about it. I like the neighborhood and have always felt safe there. There is still a significant Polish population in Greenpoint which is quite noticeable along Manhattan Avenue. If you drive, parking there is surprisingly easy, at least compared to Bay Ridge where I live.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 PM

340 posts, read 1,059,627 times
Greenpoint is a really boring ugly hood...full of polish people and polish delis...alot of it is industrial...the only train in greenpoint is the worst one in the whole subway system and it doesnt even go to manhattan...unless u are polish from poland or a *** hipster i suggest u dont even go near it...unfortunately i work there so i have to go everyday but its the most suspect hood in the whole nyc thinking about it makes me pissed..

move to washington heights where u can see some hot dominicans and eat some mofongo ya dig?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City