U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM

4,074 posts, read 4,440,430 times
Default Ideal Apartment

Just a little fun thread to lighten the board. This may have been posted before but I thought to post it again. What would be your ideal place in the city.

For me it would be a lovely co-op on Gramercy Park South/East/West/somewhere surrounding the park with a key to the park. To me, it's like the real life secret garden and walking around that area just makes me feel so happy. Also in this ideal fantasy I would have a scottish terrier and I would walk him around the park in his little plaid jacket. Also it would always bee fall with leaves falling...ok before I get carried away where would you life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 PM

121 posts, read 224,166 times
well i'd like a studio in astoria, queens. Nice view big windows, with a gym, and a pool. with a yorkie.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM

755 posts, read 1,193,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
For me it would be a lovely co-op on Gramercy Park South/East/West/somewhere surrounding the park with a key to the park. To me, it's like the real life secret garden and walking around that area just makes me feel so happy. Also in this ideal fantasy I would have a scottish terrier and I would walk him around the park in his little plaid jacket. Also it would always bee fall with leaves falling...ok before I get carried away where would you life?
Not to ruin your fantasy, but I lived in the neighborhood (with a park key), and while it's lovely, it's also incredibly boring.

I love where I live now (West Village). I would just move one street over to one of the great townhouses on St. Luke's Place. I love those.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:23 PM

4,074 posts, read 4,440,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loratliff View Post
Not to ruin your fantasy, but I lived in the neighborhood (with a park key), and while it's lovely, it's also incredibly boring.
Doesn't ruin the fantasy, just adds to it! In my fantasy I live with my handsome jewish financier boyfriend and we have lots of holiday parties (lots of parties because I am christian so we celebrate all the holidays) but other than that we just like going for walks and little bars in the area (i love flute)

Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM

442 posts, read 678,372 times
whoa this is a really good idea

i thought long and hard about it, and since you said "place" in the city, im gonna play by the rules

i want my own house in manhattan beach, brooklyn. with my own pool of course. with surround system, and a fridge full of yuengling. if i had to stay in ny, that would be as close to paradise as you could get for me

Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,624,501 times
My dream home- a condo in The Plaza

Or, to be a little more broad, my ideal place would be either a townhouse or a luxury high-rise on the Upper East Side, preferably in the 60's or 70's, west of 3rd Ave. Other places I could imagine living in would be Midtown East, Central Park South, or the West Village (but I haven't spent much time down there).

Also, I'd have a black shepherd and some sort of terrier mix, and a white cat

Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 PM

9 posts, read 10,837 times
The Dakota or The Flatiron building...with a perky little rescue mixed breed dog and a white cat or a calico.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,127,833 times
I'd like a huge sunny loft in Red Hook with a roof deck and amazing views of NY Harbor. And a garage because the transport there is awful.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:59 AM

6,369 posts, read 10,285,941 times
I still want my Riverside Drive prewar penthouse ,with a wraparound terrace,overlooking Riverside Park and the Hudson River up to the George Washington Bridge on one side and midtown on another.Not too big,maybe only 10 or 12 rooms with a few fireplaces and near the boat basin(70's), so I'll be close to my boat and close to Zabar's

This would be a nice floor plan:http://media.bhsusa.com/floorplans/w1138560.jpg The master bedroom is well placed and almost every room is on a terrace.

Last edited by bluedog2; 12-10-2010 at 06:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City