Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 AM

22 posts, read 25,705 times

Advertisements

Wow you know what I just noticed , I never gave them my fax number to my job so now I know there lying I'm going to get the paper from my job now and head over there ! But they moved there office where is it at now ?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:15 AM

507 posts, read 689,137 times
damm!..them apartments look-SMALL!..you'll get more bang for your buck in the-projects!..the bedroom looks like a childs room..and that small kitchen..looks like a kichenette!..and them small closets-what're we midgets?..the noise from the bridge/traffic,and is that mcdonalds the only place to eat?..I know its a dunkin doughnuts around there..and a few gas stations..I see they are still accepting applications there..why?..and what about the people who put in appeals?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:18 AM

507 posts, read 689,137 times
well..today im bound to drive through there..i can snap a few pictures..but i dont know bout getting inside.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:29 AM

365 posts, read 502,104 times
That McDonald's seems like it's the ONLY place close to BBTB. That's cool with me because all i eat from there now anyways is a grilled chicken Cesar salad and a Caramel frappe. As for supermarkets, and pharmacies...I know the Rite Aid by my grandmother isn't too far...but neither is it too close. You pretty much have to take a 15 min walk to get to your essentials period. I swear, this is gonna make my head explode. Plus, I wanna know if the space below is gonna become retail.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:44 AM

317 posts, read 578,727 times
I had to sneak off to check this forum. Deli you are a hot mess. Lol!! Moneboo..... I'm pissed that you didn't get the letter from burnside earlier that way you wouldve started the process already before the lease signing with BBTB. That way you couldve done a comparison and made the best choice for you. But like I keep saying.... Go today and before you sign your John hancock on anything make sure you have definitive answers to everything. What I don't like about the apts is that they are so small but I think it I'd a great starter apt for you Moneboo. Your single with no kids so you can make the space work for you. Go to jennifers convertibles. Their furniture is made for apts with limited space and it's very affordable and not flimsy looking. But I do hope they continue to build up over there to compliment the development or at least a decent supermarket. Good thing BBTB will have laundry room because where would you go to wash your clothes?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:20 AM

365 posts, read 502,104 times
Steph! Thats what I was saying! I have sooooooooo much things with me now so the extra month and a half would be good for me to downsize. I dunno man...this thing is really stressful. Plus, I don't want to not sign for BBTB and then realize I hate Burnside and then miss out on something. My head literally hurts guys.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:21 AM

185 posts, read 243,017 times
Good morning everyone, another day of fighting for me... Deli, is interesting all these stories about the inside people pulling favors... I wonder who is collecting the bribe money and which porter I have to sleep with.... I'm kidding.... I'm just trying to keep my cool, laugh a little not to get to the point where I'm going to go back to bruckner and spazz the f*** out....

guys you have to see the apts in person... I mean the youtube shows pretty much what they look like but I think it's a descent start... from my perspective I'm ok with it IF I GET A DAM APARTMENT I GAVE MY DEPOSIT FOR IN JUNE!!!!!!, for me is different I'm 24, no kids, full-time worker, still a college student so is a good start for me if I EVEN GET TO START THERE...

who is going over there today and what time?

moneboo, burnside is not the best neighborhood in my opinion.... one of the apartments BBTB sent me to go see was on macombs rd like 5 mins from where I work but the neighborhood is just as horrible so I didn't want it... outweight your pros and cons...

hotblue, are you going to ur interview or what ?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 AM

moneboo, take it easy... at least you have options and at least you have a lease signing appointment and if you pick from the 5th floor and down you can move in right away.... look at me, I have nothing right now...

Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 AM

801 posts, read 1,105,372 times
Hello!! Just wake up!! Couldn't sleep at all! I guess BBTB is turning into the Elm street horror! Lol..
Listen I saw the units. Studios and 1 bedroom apt. Studios are kind of big, but 1 bedroom is the same studio with a extra room. Hey they did this building to fit small people , joking!! I only had 2 interviews for two buildings I requested since January to all places and not receive answers, about burnside it's no that bad , you have everything around. Worst is where we are applying. If you come walking from the police station you will see what I'm talking about !!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:43 AM

I keep asking who is going over there and what time.. nobody is telling me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery