Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM

507 posts, read 689,137 times

Advertisements

..HA!..i gotton a email today-stating i've been accepted for la terraza..so im going to inspect the apartment on wednesday!..yayyyy

Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Talking today's my lucky-day!..

yes!!..I have been approved for: la terraza on 3rd ave-bronx..right by the precient..after a member stated she has seen people moving in already..the news has made me realized that i am QUALIFIED!..and to never give up your dreams!..even so i still wanted brucknerbythebridge..so i dont see what C & C management seen what knickerbocker mgnt did'nt!..iI knew and thought for sure I was in there too!..until that non-sense came into play,but its still all good1..i'll just walk a little longer to the subway station. I know I was bad-mouthing the agency and neighborhood-still..i deserved a spot in there..for i was born here and worked here!..im not on drugs,and im no felon..plus i filed all my taxes-and produced all that i needed,without having to come back..the other location-kelly towers on 2475 southern blvd in the bronx-by the bronx zoo..i can pull out of that apartment,so god is good!..and im not counting myself out!..and im proud of myself..when everybody else-doubted.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Well now you can start a thread talking about La Terrazza, that way Gooseneck can go there and post crimes and tell you how horrible it is. You can also get all the angry people who were rejected, and say the place is racist, mean, cheaply built, nothing works, and on and on.

And for the record, you don't deserve anything. Just because you are not a drug addict or criminal you don't get a reward or a pat on your back. Since when was the bar set so low that you deserve things because you are not a rapist or drug addict? You fit into their guidelines and met their criteria for credit...it's that simple. Which is why I tell people, just apply to other affordable housing if you get rejected from one...there are other ones.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM

365 posts, read 502,104 times
You guys are killing me! LoL...
Congratulations Deli167...I'm happy you finally got through with your choice. Make sure you post some pics up of the apartment when you get the chance!!
Sobro, your absolutely right about the whole criteria thing. I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day about this whole lottery thing and she put it like this. There's no discrimination, exclusion, or separation of anyone who applies for these lotteries. There are set guidelines and regulations. You either a) Meet those criteria if your application out of the thousands that apply, is chosen
Or
b) Get rejected as a result of not meeting their requirements, and dispute.

I believe a lot of people are sitting at home right now, hoping and praying to hear from someone in regards to a lottery decision. So my sentiments are, just be grateful...and keep applying until you've found your perfect abode.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:25 PM

317 posts, read 578,727 times
Sobroguy... You seem to have become the go-to guy because you seem to know a little about some of everything. I was talking to two of my next door neighbors and one was telling me that she was worried about her rent being paid as of the month of Septemeber. Apparently she is on the government assistance program called " Advantage". Now my neighbors apt is a studio and her rent is 962$. Out of the 962 she only has to pay 50$ (unbelievable)! I found that kind of strange so I went online and found out that the asking rent for a studio in in North Rose/Boricua Village is 666$. So I'm wondering if whether or not they can increase the asking rent considering I thought we were all selected from the lottery? The other neighbor her rent for her 1 bedroom is 542$ but she is on section 8 so she said that the balance is paid through the city.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:22 AM

what are the statistics in that area?.. are you the mayor?..sure im working-class,but im living amongst people who are unemployed..on the county..getting food stamps..hey i see even teenagers getting food stamps..pretending they paying in cash-but gotta pull out their card and apply their pin #..funny thing..they dressing better than me,and i work!..so how in the hell can that majority beat me..in getting somewhere?..well i finally got something with out depending on the county.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:05 AM

Cool the quest to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
You guys are killing me! LoL...
Congratulations Deli167...I'm happy you finally got through with your choice. Make sure you post some pics up of the apartment when you get the chance!!
Sobro, your absolutely right about the whole criteria thing. I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day about this whole lottery thing and she put it like this. There's no discrimination, exclusion, or separation of anyone who applies for these lotteries. There are set guidelines and regulations. You either a) Meet those criteria if your application out of the thousands that apply, is chosen
Or
b) Get rejected as a result of not meeting their requirements, and dispute.

I believe a lot of people are sitting at home right now, hoping and praying to hear from someone in regards to a lottery decision. So my sentiments are, just be grateful...and keep applying until you've found your perfect abode.
yes..i been applying for affordable housing since january,and i've got a slew of prospects..or being on the waiting list..still getting into la terraza was hard-because I put in a appeal-so after i wrote a letter to the bronx bourough president rubin diaz..i think he had some kind of input in it..because right after i did that..2-3 weeks prior-they wrote me back,and to come into their office with such n such documents.
I presented them with what ever they wanted..they had me sign off on all these papers,the dept of investigations do their investigations,and they will send a response/reply back to the management company,the funny thing,they did'nt even do a home visit. the other people for kelly towers came to my house like 2 weekends ago..and they are RY management 2475 southern blvd..by the bronx zoo..I will notify them on monday,and tell them im no longer interested in moving in..im going to la terraza..so moneboo..try to do it like i did..like sorebro said: you gotta meet the criteria..indeed..have decent credit..no felony record..have your bank/rent statements..you can have $5 dollars in the bank-as long as you produce a statement..plus your working check-stubs.
Brucknerbythebridge-I knew i was qualified for them as well,and appealed them as well-and they did'nt even have the decency to review my file..and call me back for review..thats why i blew them-out!..trying to put me through-bull$@it!..knowing full well I had a better shot/chance then them females who was there from the shelter-filling out applications..even the africans that was there too!..no im not racist..im just REAL!..and i know horsesh&t when i see it...so yeah..can you post photos here of the apartment?.. well when i go see them wednesday..i'll bring my digital camera..the super has to show me 2-apartments-and i has to pick 1 of them..i still want the FRONT!..and im not a beggar..just choosey!!well its the weekend and im closet cleaning..and throwing out alot of things..i'll keep you posted.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:26 AM

Talking the thing is-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
Sobroguy... You seem to have become the go-to guy because you seem to know a little about some of everything. I was talking to two of my next door neighbors and one was telling me that she was worried about her rent being paid as of the month of Septemeber. Apparently she is on the government assistance program called " Advantage". Now my neighbors apt is a studio and her rent is 962$. Out of the 962 she only has to pay 50$ (unbelievable)! I found that kind of strange so I went online and found out that the asking rent for a studio in in North Rose/Boricua Village is 666$. So I'm wondering if whether or not they can increase the asking rent considering I thought we were all selected from the lottery? The other neighbor her rent for her 1 bedroom is 542$ but she is on section 8 so she said that the balance is paid through the city.
these people living high on the hog-getting into programs like advantage..they will soon obsolete them freebies-because these management companies found out they'can make more offa working class people..they work..so they're not home all day watching maury..jerry springer..or the price is right!..just think..you'll have less company if you're working..ohh you not running up n down in the elevator every 5-10 minutes..$962 and only paying $50 dollars..how long is that going to last!?..and as far as section 8 is..theres no more vouchers for that!..but with that you are restricted from ever having anything...you cant have no car..no money in the bank..not alot any ol way..she proberly have 3-5 kids by 3 different men..and only 1 is paying child support,the other is in jail..and the other..who knows who he is..them the same kids..who gonna be playing in the hallways,and damageing the walls..or playing in the elevators!..DAMM!..aint i a-STINKER!?..yeah that studio at rose/borica village might be $666-DAMM!..aint thats the devil-sign?.. they could'nt say $675?..im not really living in that apartment..might be bad-luck!..might has to call that dude that fixed up linda blair in the exorcist..well granma got it good then..esspecially if shes on social security..the going rate for studio is $950-$1,000.00 i can imagine the size of her roaches!..look..im deli167 and i tell it like it is..still stephanie..get in where you fit in.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 AM

19 posts, read 50,950 times
Bruckner never got back to me...

Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 AM

365 posts, read 502,104 times
No problem Deli....congrads again! That area by the Bronx Zoo was iffy to me. I used to go to Aquinas High School a good 8 years ago, and walking from the Bx 19 was like walking through a jungle. I guess it's just because I'm a female. But in any case...Bruckner has received my employment verification, and I also sent them a copy of my NYCERS summary. Can't wait to actually move, although I was told that I had to wait for the third building to finish it's construction because all one bedrooms were occupied. We shall see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery