Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM

507 posts, read 689,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli167st View Post
yes it would-because they gonna ask for 3-yrs back income tax forms..and how either 1 of you been working??..the requirements are too harsh!..and they expect too-much!..do you afford the rent?....and they seem very selective..good luck!

they gonna wanna see your boyfriend there-and bring I.D..because they do background checks on both. the credit check will cost like $50-dollars-meaning that its 2 of ya..so if theres any blemishes on that..forget it-and its $50-dollars down the drain!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 AM

..so whats the secret then?..the foreigners don't have half the pit-falls and draw-backs as we do..as people of color..they're new in this country and get better picks!...what!..i gotta be openly-gay?..I work,I have a apartment already-11yrs where im at..i just wanna move-now. I make the required income.have no criminal record..shhh i dont even smoke ciggeretts!..nor drink!..I work in the delivery industry..and I deliver to buildings just like im applying for.so i know what im talking about..because they tell me-so if i cant get it-how did they??.do i gotta meet the landlord in some restaurant,and slip him a wad of cash in a envelope?..that's the way it use to be!?.hey im not homeless,or sleeping in some stairwell..or even with my mama-I deserve the same rights as a-foreigner.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:01 AM

do what the romans-do!..use somebody else's information-history,and get the apartment in their name..and let them apply you to the lease-afterwards...that's what a cousin of mine did..and he's still living there!..forget trying to do it by the book-jive...because if they wont let you get it fairly-go the other route then...he never had a job..worked off the books..and still living where he at..never filed taxes or nothing...me!?..working all my life..and file/pay taxes..and gotta be/go through bu**s**t!!well i gotta interview this friday...i'll try to compose myself-still im not crying..its just that i dont understand this city..I can go through the system/shelter..and get a referral..no problem..has aids..all these programs help/assist you get into any apartment.. no problem..what kind of criteria they talking?..im 48yrs old..im not gonna be hanging out in the lobby-or stairwell-smoking weed..so whats the PROBLEM!??

Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 AM

I have a interview this thursday and I have all of my paperwork..pay-stubs..income tax returns..im curious to say..will i qualify right on the-spot..or will i be turned down because of some stipulation?..I have so-so credit..and im renting my apartment now going on 11.4 yrs.and im on the same job going 12.3yrs,im saying..at lease they'll know im not going to be spending alot of time around the building rideing up and down in the elevators..and hanging out front..and i dont have any record/felonys at all..how can i not lose?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 AM

I went to knickerbocker mgnt office 941 hoe ave back in december for interview,after paying $25 dollar credit check-if i was declined because of blemish 2-unpaid bills on credit,can they still keep my information/folder? esspecially with all this identity-theft going around.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:48 AM

now that the govnt is shutting down these programs that pays partial amounts of rent..and the people who are assigned to them cant survive without them...and these developements wont build them up..and leave empty apartments empty..because they WONT-make any money!..so who are the targeted vast majority of people they're renting to?..I mean..alot of people dont have 1-2-3 or the other. The median income range has to be exact..if its off by a measly few hundred dollars.why would/should that exempt you?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 AM

building still-empty why?..I was driving in harlem and i still see so-called condominius that were completed months ago-they smack them up right in the middle of anywhere,and put a price tag on them so high..and the vast of people are living on fixed-incomes,welfare..or whatever means there is to make a-dollar,illegal or legal-and if I were making that much income and has to deal with lack of parking,and people begging me for money as i soon set foot out of the-subway-please!..

Old 03-25-2011, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 9,247 times
I just applied today and dropped off my application to Knickerbocker Mgmt. Does anyone know how long it is before they contact you for an interview? I was referred by Northrose interviewer.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 AM

Default just stay on top-

you're going to have to keep calling them on status updates...just dont let them get/take all of your information and forget all about you. I found out that paying for a credit-check is illegal too !..they have numerous buildings..so I wish ya-LUCK!

Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,287 times
I have an apointment with them on wednesday, I am kind of nervous now that I have read some of the feedback. I am low-income but I have only been with my job for one year. I didnt know that they required 3 years of emplyment history because they only asked for paystubs. I was interested in knowing how the inside of the apts look, does anyone know? Would you get a chance to see an apartment or even a mock up? The building looks real nice from the outside, hoping the inside matches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery