Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,063 times

Advertisements

I find the Bruckner by the Bridge development a little odd in that; for a development that large, there are no 3 bedroom apartments. The layout has 66 studios, 105 1BR's, and 179 2BR's. Maybe the original plan was to make this a Condo or Co-op development, but funding fell through, and adjustments had to be made. I would like to see the layouts of these Apts, I would imagine they might be kinda small..

Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
I suspect that to be the case also.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 11,702 times
I have applied for this building as well, how did the interview go. I really want to know what to expect.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:33 PM

how did you find the information saying paying for a credit-check is illegal?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,943 times
Hi,

I just want to say that i wish everyone who has applied the best of luck. I have also applied to all the current lotteries. There are so many applicants and the requirements are very specific which can be frustrating. The apartments are not as small as i thought. They are actually very nice with hardwood floors throughout, a/c units already installed,lots of cabinets in the kitchen,lots of closets too. Some apartments even have a walk in closet in the bedroom. The complex will have a lounge, community terrace, study room, children's lounge, laundry, and eventually parking.I applied and I'm waiting to sign the lease and get my keys. Good luck everyone and don't get discouraged.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,961 times
I was looking into applying for there 2 bedroom apartment but what are there expected for you to have? I just started working in April but I'm moving in with my boyfriend and son. My boyfriend doesn't have so good credit and I have no credit at all. I'm just curious would it be difficult to get into complex?

Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM

19 posts, read 24,305 times
Hi, I also applied about 3 weeks now but I'm still waaiting to go and sign my lease but I have'nt recive the letter yet, do you know how long does it take for them to answer back, they say it might take up to 6 months but how true that is? But I also know someone that interviewed and moved in 2 weeks after.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:59 PM

I could really use your help I just got my letter for the interview, how long did it take after the initial interview, for you to move in?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 PM

317 posts, read 578,707 times
Born2faced. I dont live at the Bruckner apartments but I do live at the Northrose/Boricua Village apartments which is managed by Knickerbocker. I had to go to the 941 Hoe ave for my interview and delivering what ever papers they needed. My first initial interview was on July of 2010 and I signed my lease on Sept 25, 2010 and moved in on the 30th. Just make sure you have ALL of the documents they asked for. Make sure ALL of those that are listed on the application are with you. Make sure your documents are within the last 4 months. Dont forget to bring the documents already copied because they DONT do that there. FYI... I'm not sure if your a city worker but if you are get a letter from NYCERS stating how much is in your pension. They didnt ask me for it at the first interview when I submitted my documents but later got a call asking for the letter from NYCERS. The process shouldnt be so drawn out as long as everything with you is on the up and up. Just make sure you get the name/number of the person interviewing you because thats who will be handling your file. Give them a call about once every 3 weeks just to stay abreast on whats going on. Thats what I did. It came to the point she and I were on a first name basis. Best of luck.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 19,421 times
Default approved

I just went to an interview today and was approved does anyone know how long now before i sign the lease. I know she said that the papers now have to be approved by the city.???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery