Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 01:14 PM

103 posts, read 119,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_love87 View Post
ok guys remember when i said that if i did not here from them i was gonna go and get my deposit back, so my ass was there last thursday 9/1/11 when i got there, i asked for ms. wills the manager who i had spoken to regarding signing my lease, tell me why when i got there around 10 o'clock A.M. the receptionist told me that ms. wills was not gonna get there until after 1 o'clock. so i told the receptionist that i was gonna go back around 2. so i got back there around 2:45 giving them enough time, when i walked in i seen alot of boxes in the waiting room, some boxes said peoples that are rejected, peoples that did not show, people to call, 2 bedroom apt lease to be sign and so on. so i asked for ms. will again the receptionist had the nerve to tell me that she did not show and that she should be back tuesday well today, i was so mad to the point that i flip on the receptionist, i asked her why she did not call the people who went to look for ms. will and tell them that she was not gonna show because i was not the only one who went and look for her, she came with a lame excuse that their phone was out of sirvice because of the huracane irene that it should be back up today tuesday, but i was like owwww so how she called if the phone is out, she say she called the other manager cell phone. so i was like owww there is another manager righ and she was like yeah and i was like i need to speak to her then since im already here for the second time, the receptionist looked at me with a nasty look and said oh shes in the next building and i dont know when shes gonna retur maybe she be back in 20 min. i was like is ok ill wait for her i got all day since ya dont call people i will just wait. it was about 4 of us waiting for the same person, while we was waiting people came in and complain several time and asked whats going on with there lease signing. so after waiting for 1 hour the other mager shows up and the receptionist told her that there was few people waiting for her. they called me first to her office and she intruduced her self ad ms. Mirihan and i told her how angry i was with them and the way they are working with this apt, i also told her thet is the first and no one have gotten to me about the lease, she said she was sorry to hear that but that but it been over welming for them because they was moving the office and they have stoped calling people but that they will star again today tueday and they are calling people by the rooms of the apt, they was gonna start with 2 bedrooms first, then the 1 bedrooms and then studios. then she told me that some unit that people had picked will have to pick new units. after all she was nice but i told her that if i dont hear from them tuesday or wed. that i was gonna go back but she said not to worry that i should hear from them by then. but my point across came through because this people are full of bull , u see what i had to go through to speak to a manager. well thats what happend to me good luck to everyone who goes there and try to get an asnwer to all your questions.

hey slim- OMG finally some answers. thanks a lot lol.
what size unit did you get approved for?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 09-06-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty240 View Post
Guess What! I just received a call to go on Friday to pick a unit again and see if its available and then sign my lease and they will tell me when the move in date will be. I told her though that if I pick the unit and I want my lease to be effective as of October 1, 2011. Well lets see what happens. I also inquired about the parking lot and she told me that it should be done by October.. (sure it will, lol)

yayyyy congrats. I'm glad they are actually doing something now.
are you getting a 1 or 2 bedroom?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM

19 posts, read 20,916 times
Question for everyone who signed a lease and already picked an apt.... Are they double leasing units? And are u guaranteed a unit once you sign the lease? Also are you signing for the higher floors?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:52 PM

17 posts, read 23,094 times
I applied for a 2 bedroom. I just don't understand why I have to see another unit though which is why i left a deposit for a certain unit. But I'll see whats going on when i go on Friday..

Old 09-06-2011, 02:59 PM

19 posts, read 24,305 times
hvaldez213 i picked a 2 bedroom.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM

19 posts, read 24,305 times
omg, Guess what guys i just received a phone call from this lady name Marleny Garcia and she told that i can come in on thursday to sign my lease. im so happy my words was hear. i just hope i can move in the same day . im about to pack right now.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Hey guys so I finally got "the call" ....I'm going to sign my lease this Friday....woooohooo ....Thank the lord !!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_love87 View Post
omg, Guess what guys i just received a phone call from this lady name Marleny Garcia and she told that i can come in on thursday to sign my lease. im so happy my words was hear. i just hope i can move in the same day . im about to pack right now.
Gongrats slim...the same lady just called me ...I said finally and she started laughing ....I'm so excited for all of us

Old 09-06-2011, 04:39 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,293 times
Im happy for all of you!! I just had to call again at 5:30pm and she told me at the last minute. More papers!!!! I gave here for three times my papers and still asking for the same thing. Well Im not that Lucky at all. ((

Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
Im happy for all of you!! I just had to call again at 5:30pm and she told me at the last minute. More papers!!!! I gave here for three times my papers and still asking for the same thing. Well Im not that Lucky at all. ((
What papers are you missing? When I went for my interview I didn't
Have all the paper work ...I only had the paystubs, the money order, socials and id...but I told the lady I would fax her everything else as soon as I got to work, and I did ...a few days later she called me and said I was missing some bank statements cuz my paystubs showed I have two accounts. I faxed them to her the same day and that was about it for me . Previous to this apt I had applied to another building and they asked me for sooooo many things including my cellphone bill...I got all the paperwork n went through with the process but after I saw the apartment and they told me I got approved I turned it down and decided to wait for the BBTB. I know you will be ok hotblue just try to get all the paperwork and keep in mind that its a long stressful process but is worth it...Good luck to you and keep us posted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery