U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 PM

317 posts, read 272,757 times
Deli..... No Boo I was not wearing no green spandex. Lol! But I was still looking as you would say ahem....ahem. I was wondering do you have one of the apts with a balcony? That would be cool although the view isn't serene. Especially now that the fall is approaching it would bd nice to sit on your balcony with a cool breeze and a nice drink in your hand and some I
old school R. Kelly playing. Nice

Old 09-10-2011, 06:16 PM

365 posts, read 244,844 times
See what I'm talking about!
HValdez...hunni....you just answered ALL my questions in a matter of minutes! Like seriously, I'm sitting here now like...That's all I wanted to know! I don't mind moving a little later in the year only because, I still need time to pack and organize and throw out and clean up. Here in my parents house, I have my own room and I'm trying to get things situated in here so that my lil' sister can move in when I move out. Majority of my belongings will end up being thrown out simply because I really want to downsize the amount of things I'll be taking. The only hurdle I'll have now is figuring out if the specific unit I picked originally is available. SMH...you get more questions answered from outside sources than management themselves. Thanks again Valdez.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:21 AM

443 posts, read 367,300 times
..well stephanie--no im not living in none of the balcony suites--maybe when i get a jump in pay..i'll step it up a--bit...but we'll see..yesterday I saw another person moving in..they was cooking out and all of that accross the street!..my gosh!..i telling you..its always somebody!..well moving right along!..do they be cooking out-outside BBTB!?..well it was'nt in front of the building..but it was across the street..by the park..and im sure the parks dept got a sign there that specially says no bar-b-queing..due to the fire code!..and children playing near-by..but you know how it is?..they were spanish..let it had been blacks!..the police were coming..im saying i dont got nothing against them..my girlfriend is spanish..and they stick together!..and mott haven is puerto rican haven..better them then them mexicans!..because they're getting outta-hand!..whoopie-doo!..you made it across the border!..now you in new york-now you thinking you better than the people who made the bronx!..us!..I did'nt see 1 of them move in here yet!..and hope I dont!..there'll be a big ol mexico flag-draping over the balcony-SURE!..I dont see how they get into old regular buildings!..and they dont mind living with mice,roaches,and rats!..I work for DHL..so i deliver to everybody..arabs-africkans-indians-mexicans..I went to someone's house friday..and their apartment smelled like cat-pee!..and heres the kicker..they did'nt have no cat!..i said...damm what cha--cooking doc!?..im telling you..but on the real!..keep them all on 138street!..

Old 09-11-2011, 07:27 AM

Deli...you are toooooo much! LMAO! My thing is this....a neighborhood is supposed to be just that, a neighborhood. Whatever you chose to do to feel at home, is completely up to you. I don't mind to whole cooking out and music and what not. It's when people start to go overboard and become ignorant and belligerent. I rather be out with friends and family enjoying some food and laughing with the ones I love than tip toe-ing around and staying inside. Y'all best believe at BBTB, when the summer hits, yes yes, that jerk chicken will be going and that fried fish will be ah frying! Lmao...all are welcome! Oh yeah, Deli, about what percentage of your building is occupied??

Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 AM

I have nothing against the cooking out but some people tend to forget that they live here and before you know the area is littered with beer cans and Capri sun pouches and whatnot. Me personally I'm prefer to do my business away from where I rest my head. But people figure they have that right and although you may be allowed it can not be at the expense of your neighbors and that's the concept many many people have yet to grasp. Last week we had 3 teenagers using colored chalk drawing on the landscaping..... Do you think thats ok since all she was doing was making herself comfortable in her own complex? Some of these people here have zero class

Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 AM

Steph...that is so true! Why the Capri Sun containers gotta ALWAYS be left behind. (And the Pacific Cooler flavor at that!) That whole drawing on the ground stuff is a different story. Keep -ish on paper or take it to your local playground. All I'm saying is I don't mind it much, especially if people are clean enough to clean up after themselves, and not put up the 10' by 20' "Happy Birthday Suki-Nana" sign over the building's entrance, and have a fully stocked bar/ cooler next to the folding table with buffet style dinner for the entire borough. In my grandmother's neighborhood, actually right up the block from BBTB, Mill Brook projects, everyone there knows each other's kids, parents, siblings, uncles, grands....I can't tell you how growing up used to be going to visit grandma. As soon as we got out the car, I had people saying "Hey! Boy, that gal look just like her daddy!". These same people, each Saturday, would have they're little table top grill outside, with they're western beef hot dogs and fine fare hamburgers. The neighborhood kids would play in the playground and run over ever so often for a burger or two...myself included...and this would happen for the rest of the summer. Even if you weren't family, you'd have someone inviting you over for a plate or sending you upstairs to the 15th floor to take Ms. Middleton a plate and a icy can of diet coke. It was just about being outside in your neighborhood with your neighbors. No one meant any harm. Although you weren't supposed to be doing so, people did it and no one ever got in trouble. It made you feel at home. It made you connect with your neighbors. It made you respect your building more because you knew who lived there. You would always have those people who complained about the smoke from the grill, or about the radio...but at the end of the day, what is a cookout supposed to sound and smell like?! Those are the cookouts I don't mind. Now these little sidewalk gatherings where Pablo got his car opened up blasting "La Mega"...and there's about a million and one kids running in and out of the lobby with water ballons, leaving plates all over, and have empty and half full Capri sun containers everywhere....that's what irks me. Here in Parkchester...I've learned to appreciate communities that open up to they're neighbors. There's so many rules here, it's almost sad! No bike riding, no music, no skateboarding, no walking on the grass, no smoking, no loitering, no dogs or cats, parks close at 8....there is a huge patch of grass by a park that the neighborhood has dubbed "The Big Park" ...and located right infront of this park, is a security booth where you'll find some of the most incompetent, most horny, most dirtbaggy men in "uniform" patrolling the area as security guards. They actually stand there and practically WAIT for someone to touch the grass. They start to blow whistles, yelling, screaming, flailing they're arms..."Get off the grass!". Doesn't matter if the culprit is an innocent 2 year old running from mommy or a kid whose kick ball accidentally rolled over into the grass. You'll have a performance either way. It's REALLY sad.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Moneboo..... Gurl I've come to look forward to hear from you because you are a damn mess. Lmao @ Pacific Cooler Capri Suns flavor. I have a 10 year old and don't even know the flavors..... But yea I've grown up in the same kind of summertime fun your speaking of. Those were the days. Now every gathering whether it's a child's b'day or wedding, it will definitely end in a gun fight, knifing or at least a guest appearance by New York' Finest. As I got older I've come to appreciate neighborhoods like Parkchester because it represents organization. I like living somewhere that doesnt scream "anything goes". Yea I can be a little stuffy at times and since moving to this borough I see that I have nothing in common with these pajama pants wearing to the store, head scarfs walking down 3rd ave wearing chicks. Although I can adapt to any situation I'd still take Parkchester anyday.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Lmao! Steph boo, I'm just a mess! Don't mind my premature birth azz! LoL...I agree with you one hundred percent. Now a days, people come strapped to EVERYTHING. I mean, if you ain't secret service or flat out Men In Black...then why on earth is it necessary for you to have a gun at simple gatherings such as BBQ's or baby showers?! The only thing I can see going wrong at occasions such as these are small things like the chicken not being fully cooked, or Uncle Leroy only brought one bag of ice instead of 6 or the cake at the shower ran out! Like seriously. It's the younger crowd, those sadly of my age, who walk around with this constant bulls^*t mentality. I can't tell you how angry I get when I hear crap about shoot outs involving innocent bystanders who loose their lives because two idiots incapable of settling their issues the mature way, decide to turn a sidewalk into a coral. This is what pisses me off. I also don't understand how sometimes there's clips unloaded during these shootouts meant for one or multiple targets and EVERYONE else catches a bullet EXCEPT the 100 fools who were involved. Seriously...if your gonna shoot like that stick to video games....

Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 AM

443 posts, read 367,300 times
good morning ladies--ohh what a weekend I had..ma head is--spinning!..that long island ice-tea does it every-timmmmeeee! (hic)..but I cant go to work this--tipsey!..but im straight--the building moneboo is still half-empty,but some one did move in saturday..I know not on my floor..its still quiet--there. I know they had a open-house again..i don't know whats-up with that!?..it's a small building compared to BBTB-and st annes terrace is like 3-times bigger!..I saw a caucasion fella walking outta my building when I left out saturday..ok..so thats 1..the area is kinda alright..that park across the street use to be empty..now its like central park..all they're missing is the little--pond in the middle...no no..we dont need that!..then you'll see people fishing-with their poles..but I did see a fella walking a dog,and to my surprise!..he picked up his dog poo-with a plastic bag!..I thought i'd never see that up here in the bronx!..DAMMM!..stephanie--the reason why people don't go out of their area to lay in some grass--and have a cook-out is because they don't have no money to go-anywhere!..and too lazy to drive..I will gas up my car and drive to the poconos to a-villa up in P.A.--or go to river bank park on the hudson..anything to get out of the area--youknowwhatimean?..like who wants to hang out where they live!?..not me..all im known for..is I come-and-go!..I still feel better when i come home..the thing that bothers me is the people--spitting on the sidewalks!..I did a stop in fordham-hill apartments..them co-ops on fordham rd-sedgwick ave..my cousin use to live there--I see the security guard booth--I go inside the elevator..its cameras..its music in the elevator..mirrors..I get off the elevator and I dont hear a pin-drop!..im ringing the bell to the apartment im making a delivery to--im there like 2-3 minutes..then im about to leave..then I see a eye..in the peep-hole!..DAMM!!..its a delivery!..damm someone been in there all that time!..what was they doing?? HIDEING!!??..its that I need a signiture for it..and i have no intentions of coming back!.why do they live like that?..tip-toeing throgh the apartment--like they're ducking-someone!..half the people there--aint even on the lease!..because the name on the package was'nt on the directory in the lobby-wall..but my point is..it's QUIET!!..aint no kids running about..its a gated-community..aint no drug dealers..no pit bulls..no whinos..nobody collecting cans..nobody sleeping in the starwells..nobody bar-b-queing on the grass.nobody walking around mumbelling to themselves..or panhandelling..unlike river park towers..where you see police tape-from a crime-scene..a police cruiser parked by the entrance..thuggs hanging out by the pay-phones..blunt cigar tobacco sterwn all over the floor..spitting..40oz malt liqour bottles/empty leaning up on the wall..****ty baby pampers/that was flung outta someones window from a higher floor..the elevator..you press floor 7..and it shoots you way up to the 16th-floor!..and you gotta hear everybody problems/issues on the way up and down!..and keep your wallet in your front pockets!..and the last thing..and its important!..you better have a nice set of lungs..because you're going to have to hold your breath..and your nose for awhile..hey i know..because I was there the other day/DAMM!.im lucky my G.P.S was still in the truck..I quesss by me looking mad and mean--paid-off!..because the ghouls was most definetly standing outside..anything to snatch--and run up inside them buildings..so be on your p's and q's up aroun--there!..ya best--belive-that!..so imaging BBTB-turning into something like that!..ohh!..my toast is--burning..gotta-go!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 AM

17 posts, read 11,501 times
Hey "deli167st", I got an application for la terraza Do i just mail it or can I fax it too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City