Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 590,163 times

Advertisements

I live in Seattle and I have never been to Brooklyn and I am very curious about Brooklyn. I have been hearing some good things about Brooklyn. Would any of you care to share any of your thoughts or opinions regarding Brooklyn? Anything would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Well It's the most populated borough of all 5. Our culture does go beyond our annexation with the rest of the city. We have a lot of landmarked areas that you must see if you ever visit! What exactly would you like to know? It's a lot I can tell you. Lol

Downtown Brooklyn is currently going through a "Face-Lift" - - - Condos, New Parks, super tall buildings - Here's a picture of Downtown Brooklyn with Lower Manhattan. . .

Old 12-17-2010, 01:37 AM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 590,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Well It's the most populated borough of all 5. Our culture does go beyond our annexation with the rest of the city. We have a lot of landmarked areas that you must see if you ever visit! What exactly would you like to know? It's a lot I can tell you. Lol

Downtown Brooklyn is currently going through a "Face-Lift" - - - Condos, New Parks, super tall buildings - Here's a picture of Downtown Brooklyn with Lower Manhattan. . .
Thanks for the info and cool picture

Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 AM

197 posts, read 895,125 times
Brooklyn is one of if not the most diverse area in the U.S. You can find cultures, cuisines, and hear languages from all corners of the globe in Brooklyn.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM

818 posts, read 1,388,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKTony View Post
Brooklyn is one of if not the most diverse area in the U.S. You can find cultures, cuisines, and hear languages from all corners of the globe in Brooklyn.
I agree. I live in Brooklyn and it has the most distinct culture out of all the boroughs and is quite easily one of the most diverse places in the country.

Outside of Manhattan, Brooklyn happens to be the only borough that has its own CBD. It was its own city at a point and was one of the 3 largest cities in the country before being annexed into NYC. With Brooklyn, comes more pride IMO than the other boroughs and more of our own culture.

But you can never hate the Yankees or be seen supporting the Red Sox. Hehe

Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Geographic History of Brooklyn (Kings County)

Old 12-18-2010, 09:44 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
I live in Seattle and I have never been to Brooklyn and I am very curious about Brooklyn. I have been hearing some good things about Brooklyn. Would any of you care to share any of your thoughts or opinions regarding Brooklyn? Anything would be helpful. Thanks
It's one of the most unique and diverse places in the country.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
I agree. I live in Brooklyn and it has the most distinct culture out of all the boroughs and is quite easily one of the most diverse places in the country.

Outside of Manhattan, Brooklyn happens to be the only borough that has its own CBD. It was its own city at a point and was one of the 3 largest cities in the country before being annexed into NYC. With Brooklyn, comes more pride IMO than the other boroughs and more of our own culture.

But you can never hate the Yankees or be seen supporting the Red Sox. Hehe
I can't stand them!!!
Definitely a Yankees Fan thing.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:58 PM

442 posts, read 1,296,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKTony View Post

actually, its a statistical fact that QUEENS is the most diverse county in the country and most diverse place in the world

"according to a 2001 Claritas study, Queens is the most diverse county in the United States among counties of 100,000+ population.[74] There are 138 languages spoken in the borough."

shout out to brooklyn though, ny is ny is love and i got a lot of friends from bk. but its not messin with my borough at all

Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
actually, its a statistical fact that QUEENS is the most diverse county in the country and most diverse place in the world

"according to a 2001 Claritas study, Queens is the most diverse county in the United States among counties of 100,000+ population.[74] There are 138 languages spoken in the borough."

shout out to brooklyn though, ny is ny is love and i got a lot of friends from bk. but its not messin with my borough at all
You know what's funny about this - If you weren't from NY I would defend BK until the morning! But you're still apart of NY so when people from the boroughs talk about which is the best it's always fun. One of my good friends from Queens ALWAYS rep like it's the best (But don't we all for our boroughs)! Lol One thing I love though is when someone tries to downplay any place here we act like we always protected it.

But you still know what side of town is realer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: