U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:50 AM

1,768 posts, read 4,181,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
It is nice to hear about your experience. Most of what I hear about Bedstuy is the negative stuff.
How much of what people hear comes from folk who live(d) there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 11:47 AM

10,464 posts, read 18,968,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
well if you want to take it in that perspective, ask cyrusjul about his 2 visits to far rockaway which were negative unfortunately....

Quote:
I think investing in Mott Heaven is way better than investing in Far Rockaway (which is an area of NYC that actually scares me.) Yeah, Mott Heaven if full of poor and working people, but I have never been intimidated when I stroll along in that area. I have even walk by gang of kids on a corner. I never got bothered on the plenty of my trips there. I even did a photo tour of the area. I see good potential in the future here. But the two times I went to Far Rockway, oh I was bothered. I will never set foot over there ever again. So I dont think that people who invest in Mott haven are suckers, I think they are smart. In the future it will be worth it in the end. Just look at what happen and is happening in Harlem. Anything closer to Manhattan in always going to be gold. Believe me.

and then ask my experience from 26 years of living there and i'll tell you i wouldnt trade growing up there for anywhere else....so i think its highly subjective. it really doesnt depend on who lives there or who doesnt. because of course anything can happen at any time to anybody. the problem is on this board people represent their neighborhoods and thats cool. everybody talks about being tired of hearing the negative stuff, so they trump up the positive. and i dont think thats honest. me, i tell u the good and bad about far rockaway and i leave it at that, i dont downplay one side to favor another. that doesnt help people on here who want honest straight to the facts information.

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 12-14-2007 at 12:03 PM..

Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 PM

980 posts, read 2,469,708 times
Well SeventhFloor, the difference is that even though I heard the negatives about Far Rockaway, I actually experience the place and it was a negative experience, and that is only on those two visits. And that is just as a visitor.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Well read what people say on this website. Pretty much negative stuff. I haven't really experience BedStuy yet. But I actually want to one day. Go to the main drags and beyond. Well as a visitor ofcourse.

I have been to neighboring bushwick and close to BedStuy, but I haven't seen anything really criminal. Well except for the corner kids. I guess they might be up to something. Lol.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Well SeventhFloor, the difference is that even though I heard the negatives about Far Rockaway, I actually experience the place and it was a negative experience, and that is only on those two visits. And that is just as a visitor.
and for 26 years, i can count my personal negative experiences on 1 hand....as a resident....so where does that leave us at the end of the day? see the problem here?

Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Well read what people say on this website. Pretty much negative stuff. I haven't really experience BedStuy yet. But I actually want to one day. Go to the main drags and beyond. Well as a visitor ofcourse.
bed-stuy has good and bad blocks and i'll leave it at that. its as simple as it gets.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
and for 26 years, i can count my personal negative experiences on 1 hand....as a resident....so where does that leave us at the end of the day? see the problem here?
One thing is hear and read stuff on this website, another is having experience the place. Well I did on my two visits. So visiting for me is out of the question right now. Maybe I will try again, but can't promise.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
One thing is hear and read stuff on this website, another is having experience the place. Well I did on my two visits. So visiting for me is out of the question right now. Maybe I will try again, but can't promise.
well until next time, remind me to post some pics

Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 16,373 times
Quote:

I have been to neighboring bushwick and close to BedStuy, but I haven't seen anything really criminal. Well except for the corner kids. I guess they might be up to something. Lol.
Most of the time it just hanging out. Now of course if you're hanging out on the corner everyday then the odds of you running into trouble increase but thats the case if you go the a bar all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
bed-stuy has good and bad blocks and i'll leave it at that. its as simple as it gets.
Mostly good(at least in living, some blocks are ugly)

Old 04-24-2008, 02:04 AM

3 posts, read 10,709 times
there's is LOFSTEL near the tompkins park at 580 greene avenue, how safe is it to live by the park ? i dont know bedford-stu, i don't know where the bad places are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City