Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 PM

17 posts, read 68,480 times

Advertisements

I lived at 930 Myrtle, I also have family in the PJ's across the street. Hate to say it but you still have a lot of young Puerto Rican and Black thugs selling drugs and acting up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 03:47 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Kleeck St View Post
I lived at 930 Myrtle, I also have family in the PJ's across the street. Hate to say it but you still have a lot of young Puerto Rican and Black thugs selling drugs and acting up.
Grew up in Tompkins Houses.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,297 times
You know this might sound a little harsh but it's not bed stuy thats the problem it's the
people who live their. Why's it always poor black hoods that committ all these crimes.
I mean theirs poor white neighborhoods all over but you never hear of them causing
problems.And trust me theirs alot of poor white people...Call it whatever but I bet no one
can give an honest and simple response.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:20 PM

341 posts, read 902,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthnomercy View Post
You know this might sound a little harsh but it's not bed stuy thats the problem it's the
people who live their. Why's it always poor black hoods that committ all these crimes.
I mean theirs poor white neighborhoods all over but you never hear of them causing
problems.And trust me theirs alot of poor white people...Call it whatever but I bet no one
can give an honest and simple response.
I suppose Yusef Hawkins and those countless other "uncooperative" Black folks just got shot, a baseball bat put to their heads, and jumped by accident. They made it happen!

Old 05-18-2008, 05:07 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
I suppose Yusef Hawkins and those countless other "uncooperative" Black folks just got shot, a baseball bat put to their heads, and jumped by accident. They made it happen!
if you knew the whole story, you'd know that those people who got beaten where not exactly innocent bystanders. while nobody should ever get assualted the way they did, if they go to places to commit crimes and then take a beating when they get caught, oh well!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 15,924 times
I lived in BED STUY all my life!! I love it!!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,010 times
I am moving to NYC in a few weeks. I have an apartment on Ellery St., between Tompkins and Throop. Can someone please tell me if this neighborhood is safe(ish)? Of course I will use common sense and not walk around looking like a lost tourist, but if anyone has any info on this block, I'd appreciate it. Also, in describing this neighborhood to friends, I'd say I live in Bed-Stuy, right? One of my friends was trying to tell me it's Bushwick; another said "East Williamsburg," but I have already grown leery of that term and I don't even live in the city yet.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM

12 posts, read 71,317 times
Default gemini19

that area is east williamsburg/bed stuy border, and no it's not safe in that particular area.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM

34,008 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini19 View Post
I am moving to NYC in a few weeks. I have an apartment on Ellery St., between Tompkins and Throop. Can someone please tell me if this neighborhood is safe(ish)? Of course I will use common sense and not walk around looking like a lost tourist, but if anyone has any info on this block, I'd appreciate it. Also, in describing this neighborhood to friends, I'd say I live in Bed-Stuy, right? One of my friends was trying to tell me it's Bushwick; another said "East Williamsburg," but I have already grown leery of that term and I don't even live in the city yet.
first of all, broadway is the border between bushwick and bed-stuy.

ellery street is bed-stuy, and right next door to sumner houses, which is as dangerous as brooklyn housing projects get. its not a safe area, actually its really one of the roughest parts of the stuy.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM

2 posts, read 22,992 times
hi,

so i'm looking at an apartment between throop and tompkins on jefferson. any thoughts about that part of the neighborhood?

thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City