Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 PM

14 posts, read 84,457 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much i'd have to come out of pocket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 02:52 PM

147 posts, read 370,204 times
I feellike an idiot, but after living/working in NYC (various boroughs) for almost 20 years, I have never heard of a firm that provides this service!! (and I am not a high earner by any stretch)

Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM

34 posts, read 399,112 times
It depends on your situation. The better your credit for example, the better the rate.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:15 PM

494 posts, read 557,287 times
Yes but what is the typical rate? I get better credit equals better rate but give a ballpark figure please.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,704 times
Default Do not use

They will accept you for whatever rent you ask regardless of "responsible person income" just because the higher the rent, the higher their commission (which is over 1 months rent of the lease). They are unresponsive when trying to coordinate with building managers & NYC apartments have a quick turnover so you will probably lose the apartment you are set on before they get back to you. The buildings listed on the website that accept Insurent are not accurate & most of them do not actually accept it so you have to go through several hundred/thousand separate emails just to find one with availability that actually does. Overall a horrible waste of time.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:34 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
You can only use Insurent in a building that has an agreement with them. I found this out when applying for an apartment in Riverdale. It was six months ago or so and I found the number of buildings accepting Insurent to be incredibly limited. However, I expect that half the city will be using this or another service of its kind very soon as landlords make more and more incredible demands. PS: I now live in Queens. They don't take Insurent here, either.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:49 AM

4 posts, read 9,161 times
Firstly, the payment to Insurent is one months rent........next most likely the Landlord will ask at least four mos rent upfront in Cashiers Checks......I paid at least Eight Thousand in cashiers checks...all for a somewhat low cr rating 580..as well
as relocating from a forty year UES building when I sold my Coop,with 350,000 cash.....frankly I feel its much ado about nothing..how dare they take advantage of people with cashiers checks......unbeknownst to the ridiculous requirements...i see they are in bed together........I cancelled my lease after four mos. I do not remember how much it cost frankly it seems a bit like predatory insurance .........with the landlord and I was not given back the money for the one month..its the rental agent onsite that kicks in the announcement of you are lucky just pay Insurent..........i did as well as four mos rent.......i paid two people with cash..........to get into a Glenwood Building............2011.....monthly rent 2100.00.....nothing is for free in New York theres always a catch.....actually you end up paying more getting other services involved.....its like kickbacks..

Old 11-11-2016, 08:39 AM

4 posts, read 9,161 times
Default Insurent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllngriver View Post
how much did it cost you? What was your experience like?
you give one mos. Rental for insurent.....

.as far as im conserned this is another predatory
company keeping the rents high and being okayed by the landlords.....they,

the landlord wanted eight thousand or four mos rent not including the security between the two of them..so beware.....you need cash......
.i paid twelve thousand dollars in cashiers checks all
due to a low credit rating while having 290,000 cash in the bank........why? All done due to a broker on sight........i subsequently had to break my lease........they all made money.
Im sorry to say this but why did i need insurent to begin with?

Old 11-12-2016, 01:11 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I do not however make 45x the rent which what the building management requires.

We have 45x, do I hear 50?

Old 11-12-2016, 01:16 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
********** business that does nothing but jack up rents by manipulating the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City