Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:40 PM

22 posts, read 63,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBrooklyn View Post
I just noticed there's a white enclave in what could be called southern Crown Heights/Wingate.
Oh yeah. It's the Lubavitches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBrooklyn View Post
I just noticed there's a white enclave in what could be called southern Crown Heights/Wingate.
Yeah, there's a lot of Orthodox Jews in that portion of Crown Heights. (The boundaries are something like Brooklyn Avenue-Eastern Parkway-Troy Avenue-Empire Blvd)

Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Yeah, there's a lot of Orthodox Jews in that portion of Crown Heights. (The boundaries are something like Brooklyn Avenue-Eastern Parkway-Troy Avenue-Empire Blvd)
that area looks really nice on street view

Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
So I couldn't decide on what to drink this afternoon and the thread made up my mind for me: A BLACK RUSSIAN.

There might be a bottle of Kahlua around somewhere.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
if blacks oppress whites, whites oppress blacks
even more, then blacks oppress each other out
of that frustration.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
I wish you luck in your journey.

Will you be safe? Most likely, but you have to ask yourself are you painting a larger target on your back? And it is not just about safety, you must think if you will be comfortable and enjoy living almost entirely amongst a different demograph. For some, that is fine. For others, that is not.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,328,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So I couldn't decide on what to drink this afternoon and the thread made up my mind for me: A BLACK RUSSIAN.
I know a black person that is fluent in Russian and my friend dated a black Russian (not the same guy). She said the black Russian dude (who was actually 1/2 Russian and 1/2 black but grew up in Russia) would go into Russian bars in NYC and if they said something about him in Russian he would answer back antagonistically in Russian and damn near start fights. Her words were 'yeah, that guy was f*****g crazy, absolutely gorgeous but f*****g crazy!!'

Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge29 View Post
Hello! I want to rent an apartment in black neighborhood (flatbush, crown height, bed-stuy) because there are cheap cost of rent. I heard in black neighborhood oppress white people, can beat their because they are white. Is it true?
My appearance is not like white american. My appearance is eastern europen/slavic. I will be fine?
Sorry for my english.
Nothing will happen to you. The stereotype that blacks hate whitey and blame everything on whitey is just that a stereotype. It's perpetuated a lot on the internet. It's similar to how media portrays anorexic models as real beauty. Both 100% fake.

You'll be fine. I see a lot of white people in Williamsbridge, Woodlawn, and Harlem. They don't get "jumped" and actually blacks just leave them alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City