Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 01:43 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
That list is from wikipedia, so don't trust it. I have never heard her say she's blatina, she's not, she's a mestiza(indian and white). Her phenotype is very native american like the vast majority of Hondurans. She could pass for Mexican.
Not to get into an arguement about Wikipedia. Why do you say that? I have found their sources to be pretty accurate. I thought it to be true because her nose and lips are much fuller than your typical mestizo. I don't know much on her personal life or family history so I will bow to your wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 04:41 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
That list is from wikipedia, so don't trust it. I have never heard her say she's blatina, she's not, she's a mestiza(indian and white). Her phenotype is very native american like the vast majority of Hondurans. She could pass for Mexican.
Lol. Shes black and said she was black in interviews

Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,352,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol. Shes black and said she was black in interviews
America Ferrera has a look that's similar to Jordin Sparks (biracial - AA/white).

http://www.posh24.com/photo/384078/celebity_lookalikes

America probably has some African admixtue. Maybe one or two grandparents are brown or dark skinned. She doesn't look Native (Central) American to me at all.

Also, there are plenty of Hondurans who are brown-skinned and look similar to American or Caribbean blacks. Why is it such a stretch to think that she has African admixture?

Last edited by queensgrl; 01-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM

686 posts, read 1,698,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Not to get into an arguement about Wikipedia. Why do you say that? I have found their sources to be pretty accurate. I thought it to be true because her nose and lips are much fuller than your typical mestizo. I don't know much on her personal life or family history so I will bow to your wisdom.

Many sources are pretty accurate, But people can just write what they want there even if it's not right. this site lists her as a mestizo.
http://http://wapedia.mobi/en/Talk:Mestizo (broken link)

Despite her lips and nose, eventhough both of which doesn't mean anything, She's obviously a Mestiza because of her very native american look.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:22 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
What part of her saying shes black do you not understand. She was even on the cover of Essence- A black womans magazine

Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
What part of her saying shes black do you not understand. She was even on the cover of Essence- A black womans magazine
That's Zoe Saldana, not America Ferrera in that pic.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
America Ferrera has a look that's similar to Jordin Sparks (biracial - AA/white).

Celebity Look-alikes! photo | Posh24.com

America probably has some African admixtue. Maybe one or two grandparents are brown or dark skinned. She doesn't look Native (Central) American to me at all.

Also, there are plenty of Hondurans who are brown-skinned and look similar to American or Caribbean blacks. Why is it such a stretch to think that she has African admixture?

I don't think she has any black in her. Only 2% of Honduras is black, 90% are mestizos(indian and white), How do you not see any Native american ancestry in her? look at her eyes and cheek bones. She's a mestizo.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I don't think she has any black in her. Only 2% of Honduras is black, 90% are mestizos(indian and white), How do you not see any Native american ancestry in her? look at her eyes and cheek bones. She's a mestizo.
well, then she could have a mixture from that 2%, couldn't she? i see african characteristics in her face, which include high cheekbones and full lips.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
well, then she could have a mixture from that 2%, couldn't she? i see african characteristics in her face, which include high cheekbones and full lips.

Maybe, don't think so though, I mostly just see Native american in her. She's still a mestizo.

Last edited by adirondackguy123; 01-08-2011 at 07:13 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,953 times
Quote:
Eva Longoria and George Perez were found to have African ancestry. I don't think it's a stretch that the wikipedia article is correct. Does anyone have pics of her parents or grandparents? Her African features are just very noticeable. I noticed them very strongly when she was with her "Latino family" on Ugly Betty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Am...eraHSApr10.jpg
The wide nose and cheekbones are dead giveaways to African heritage. The eyes are her native past. The more I look at her the more I believe the article.

Last edited by 1nevets; 01-08-2011 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City