Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,429,870 times

Advertisements

i know i can not bring my pistol or rifle or shotgun into the city without getting the permits for them along with the simple fact that i do not feel it just not worth it in the long run to deal with all the hassle of haveing to go through a bunch of hoops to be able to get keep a weapon in the apt ..

but i would like to know is there a place that does the Olympic sport of 10 meter international air rifle standing prostion and prone prostion in the city somewhere

does anyone know a place where there is a rod and gun club that does that or a high school or college shooting team in the area that pratices somewhere in the city or out in long island area that would allow me to store my rifle and shooting grear there ..

here is a picture of the sport and the rifle for the sport iam in the old men diversion for my age group in the sport or the ben gay crowd as we are called by some of the younger shooters
Attached Thumbnails
Weapon laws of the city of New York city-streator_match_3-20-05_018c.jpg   Weapon laws of the city of New York city-streator_match_3-20-05_024c.jpg  

Last edited by henry1; 12-24-2010 at 04:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 AM

105,740 posts, read 107,717,837 times
none in nyc

Old 12-24-2010, 04:17 AM

thanks i looked at a few places on the internet that was listed as in the city but i did not find anything on there list of matchs that shot the air rifle program i was looking for ..

Old 12-24-2010, 07:39 AM
grant516

n/a posts
The current dictatorship of the City of New York strongly opposes the bill of rights.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:35 AM

actually getting permits in nyc is as simple as can be if you have a clean record. they are expensive and take a few months but they are easy to get. what you cant get is unlimited carry permits.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,936,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
actually getting permits in nyc is as simple as can be if you have a clean record. they are expensive and take a few months but they are easy to get. what you cant get is unlimited carry permits.
Most permits are denied even through one has a clean history whether criminal or monetary.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:39 PM

love to know where you got that info ??? because its bull. no one i know and im very active in the shooting sports has been denied as long as their records were clean. no one who had a clean record and applied in the last 20 years has been denied that i know of personally ,including my wife who decided on a whim she wanted to shoot too.

i have been active in the hobby over 20 years now and i can tell you its a fallacy about nyc permits. that comes from the fact no one pretty much can get a full carry.

i will bet you anything that anyone who you know that has been denied either the old target permit or the current residence permit is lying to you about having no record... i would just love to hear the reason they were denied.. they do tell you if your denied as to why. its the law

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-24-2010 at 02:08 PM..

Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 PM

someone did mention the term target permit when talking to someone on the phone about finding a place to shoot at .they said i could get that one for keeping a handgun in my place if i wanted to go that route ..

plus how much ammo is allowed to have in the home for a socalled target permit ..plus with me haveing a Maricopa Sheriff posse member for years now along with haveing a current Neveda and FL state CCW permits how hard is going to be for me to get a target permit

Old 12-24-2010, 03:18 PM

first off you must be a full time resident in nyc..second thing is there has not been a target licence in nyc in many many years. it was changed to a residence permit. while in state law you cant go out of the house with it the police commissioner gives you a permission slip to go hunting with a valid ny hunting permit or to a nyc approved range.

there is no limitations on ammo or even number of guns. you just need a safe after 5.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,936,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
love to know where you got that info ??? because its bull. no one i know and im very active in the shooting sports has been denied as long as their records were clean. no one who had a clean record and applied in the last 20 years has been denied that i know of personally ,including my wife who decided on a whim she wanted to shoot too.

i have been active in the hobby over 20 years now and i can tell you its a fallacy about nyc permits. that comes from the fact no one pretty much can get a full carry.

i will bet you anything that anyone who you know that has been denied either the old target permit or the current residence permit is lying to you about having no record... i would just love to hear the reason they were denied.. they do tell you if your denied as to why. its the law
Look guy, I used to attend John Jay College and then graduated, I have heard from somewhere if I can find the source is that the NYPD has only issued around 3000 permits for an entire year, most permits are freely issued for people of status such as Trump or Jay Z for that matter. Bernhard Getz that guy taht shot 4 black youths 25 years ago prior to the shooting he applied for a NYC gun permits but NYPD denied him for insufficient reasons and this guy did not have criminal record and ran his electronic business. My brother got denied and he does not have a criminal record. I dont have a criminal record either myself and right now I'm also going to apply for a guns permit around new years. As of now I applied to test fire a ruger rifel at the westside gun range. Prior to that I had gun training while visiting Las Vegas, I took a course called tactical weapons training out there. I had to oppurtunity to test fire, shoot and run with UMP45 and my favorite mp5n which the N means navy variant, M1911 colt, MK23 pistol and glock 19. The point is everyone wants the independence and freedom of the right to carry and in nyc carrying is a joke. ITs also tedious aswell because an NYPD official comes to your house to check up on your condition of your gun and where an owner has it stored. The only ones that carry in NYC is cops of all sorts of departments papd nypd mtapd correctional, feds, retired cops, public officials, military, ex military, and people of status and lets not forget criminals. Any way blame the Sullivan act which bans the right for people to carry without a certified NYS license. License isnt hard to get but in nyc its just the permit and the right to carry which is a major issue. I dont know if the Landmark federal case, Macdonald Vs Chicago will effect NYC, but Money bags Mike Bloomberg was dissapointed by the Courts ruling. It makes no sense having a gun stored up in your house while the chances of becoming victimized on the street is as high as a kite. Police dont protect you against crime, they just detect crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City