U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
9 posts, read 23,221 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Just got my list of Projects to choose, can anyone tell me about these two projects, which is better, schools,transportation,safety,etc.. I have a 4yr old and one one the way..
Marloboro projects--bensonhurst
Bayview projects---Canarsie
any information will help
thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-25-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,781,719 times
Reputation: 1582
their both about even to me, but i would pick malbaro because their is easier access to transportation compared to bayview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Red Hook Brooklyn-winter Derby Line Vermont-summer
281 posts, read 1,076,800 times
Reputation: 160
Can't argue with the above post by Jordandubreil. Bayview might have more shopping choices but Marlboro is near the train. Either one is about the best NYCHA you will find in Brooklyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2010, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,781,719 times
Reputation: 1582
yea thats also true that bayview has a huge variety of shopping choices compared to malbaro. so the op i guess its your choice of transportation(malbaro) vs variety of shopping(bayview)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:34 AM
 
Location: North shore, Long Island
1,919 posts, read 4,943,155 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
yea thats also true that bayview has a huge variety of shopping choices compared to malbaro. so the op i guess its your choice of transportation(malbaro) vs variety of shopping(bayview)
Are any of the apartments 4 or 5 bedrooms or are they only 2 and 3 bedrooms? I have only been in one apartment my whole life and it was a pretty depressing place. Roaches, urine smell in the hallway, lots of men hanging out in the front lobby. This was years ago and it was one time so I imagine it to be the exception to the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,258 posts, read 34,382,097 times
Reputation: 8256
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellashella40 View Post
Just got my list of Projects to choose, can anyone tell me about these two projects, which is better, schools,transportation,safety,etc.. I have a 4yr old and one one the way..
Marloboro projects--bensonhurst
Bayview projects---Canarsie
any information will help
thank you..
Depending on what side of Marlboro, its real close to the subways but Bayview is safer...I would pick Bayview.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,258 posts, read 34,382,097 times
Reputation: 8256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Are any of the apartments 4 or 5 bedrooms or are they only 2 and 3 bedrooms? I have only been in one apartment my whole life and it was a pretty depressing place. Roaches, urine smell in the hallway, lots of men hanging out in the front lobby. This was years ago and it was one time so I imagine it to be the exception to the rule.
yes they have 4 and 5 bedroom apartments what NYCHA does is they take 2 apartments right next to each and knock one of the walls down and remove the other kitchen.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 10:18 AM
 
Location: North shore, Long Island
1,919 posts, read 4,943,155 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
yes they have 4 and 5 bedroom apartments what NYCHA does is they take 2 apartments right next to each and knock one of the walls down and remove the other kitchen.
Smart! That would give the resident 2 baths and a formal dining room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,258 posts, read 34,382,097 times
Reputation: 8256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Smart! That would give the resident 2 baths and a formal dining room.
also makes it easier to switch back to increase apartment availability when that big family leaves.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2010, 10:37 AM
 
267 posts, read 908,968 times
Reputation: 136
I read from some where, that said about 70% of NYCHA apartments are 2-brs.

For Marlboro, which side is better, the N or the D station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top