Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
According the the source, the 75th has the higher recorded crime rate of 2010. By a long shot. Surpassing Brownsville's 73rd and it's recorded rate.
Where you find this? I'm real interested to see the crime rate for last year. I know many neighborhoods rate climbed up a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
83rd actually has more homicides usually (13 last year) than 88th (6 last year). I understand what both you and Seventh Floor are saying as Fort Greene/Clinton Hill is not as safe as people like to promote it. The projects were terrible in crime last year and even outside of that area, theer was a definite uptick in shootings. This year already has a bad start with the shooting at the basketball court weeks ago and a homicide listed in the stats. Of course it is possible that because Bushwick is a lot bigger, the crime looks worse over there. And for a hood that's claimed to be gentrified, the crime rate for the 88th is still a bit up there but that's typical for other hoods.
83rd is twice maybe even 3 times the size of 88th

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-04-2011, 10:16 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Where you find this? I'm real interested to see the crime rate for last year. I know many neighborhoods rate climbed up a bit.
Look for post #80 for the details.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Look for post #80 for the details.
Hmm, well they list the number crimes from January to August, but I was looking more for the calculated average crime rate for each precinct like this one for 2009: Map of New York City Police Stops - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 AM

383 posts, read 1,315,569 times
Anon1 there is no point in arguing. overdose just dosen't understand. Brownsville and ENY are the most infamous hoods in america. But everyone thinks there hood is tougher. From my personal experience when i went to 9th grade for 6 months in FL when i lived with my aunt and cousin, FL is big on whos hood is tougher. i was in West Palm Beach. People in West Palms hood was in the downtown area. this was the worst part of west palm Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!. Besides that MOST of West Palm Beach is Middle Class to Upper Class living. But that area of west palm is bad. And alot of people from that area think they are more bad then people from miami and orlando. Its really sad if you ask me. a bunch of rich kids tryin to ecome gangsta. I really can't stand it. FL's got alot of dumd kids like that.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
@ bville that place aint even close to as bad as overtown or liberty city... @ overdose to me overtown is worse than liberty city and thats why people that come from that hood get major respect in my book but to me i been to both and Bville gets it in just as bad, and because all this is happening in such a small area, it makes it worse cause all the crime is concentrated... it may seem like alot of people but in reality thousands and thousands of crimes are being committed in a 1sq.mile radius... thats why i mentioned the projects which is what lowers the crime rate but in reality contributes to making this hood one of the worst in the country...

Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Honestly i hate aruging. Lets just end this and say Both Browsville and Overtown are two very bad areas. Both areas have above avg crime/violent crime, both areas look grimy(although i have to say brownsville looks grimmier cuz everything there is older). Both areas have a high pop of Blacks/Hispanics. Both areas are most likely the most violent in the country. Can we agree on that?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
I can agree to that... I think given the conditions of Brownsville and seeing the crime rate of Overtown it wouldn't be a stretch to say that these are two of the top ten worst areas in the country... this including major cities, smaller cities, etc. @ overdose trust me, being here for a couple of months or whatever time you spent is nothing compared to actually living here on a daily basis...

Weighing in all factors, this is how I feel

Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Wait overdose do you disagree with me or anon1?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 PM

funny story. White dude is goin to vist his spanish girl friend who lives over in Clinton Hill. Dude gets off at the Classon ave stop right in front of Lafayette PJs. mad crips are chillin outside, dudes stairs(first mistake) then began to walk away fast(second mistake) within seconds dude is robbed of everything/beat the hell up. How do i know this?? i work with the guy. hahaha. All i could say to him is welcome to New York Son.

He just moved here from Tampa,FL. Dude came into work come tuesday, but eyes busted, lip busted, nose broken, and robbed of 250$ worth of stuff. Dude called the cops and said they did nothing about, but tell him that he needs to be more carefully at night. hahahahaha! To my Co-worker Kenny Reed, You should have asked me, i live in Clinton Hill. hahahah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City