U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM

565 posts, read 677,570 times

Advertisements

hipsters usually don't know about using street smarts, sometimes they might get into situations that seems crazy to us but them they just don't realize, i don't know if you see my point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM

5,475 posts, read 4,925,866 times
The I'm liberal, I tolerate everybody, I'm not a criminal, why would anyone wanna hurt me? mentality is dangerous.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
The I'm liberal, I tolerate everybody, I'm not a criminal, why would anyone wanna hurt me? mentality is dangerous.
hell yeah thats what i am talkin about, some of them think that as soon as they dont get jumped when they step off the train, they can't walk around with their brand new ipad in the middle of the night and nothing will happen

Old 10-01-2011, 09:41 AM

10,262 posts, read 18,468,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Question for people familiar with Brooklyn.

Ok so for the first time, I actually spent some time in Bed-Stuy. I have to admit that I was very uncomfortable. Keep in mind that I am a hardened veteran from the Bronx. I have never seen so many African Americans in one area. The area looked very ghetto and run down. We started in Clinton Hill, which had many Jews, and ended up in the Stuy.

I have heard from people here that Bed-Stuy is improving, although I did not see any of it. So which is the good and bad areas?

I was on Fulton from about Franklin ave to Marcus Garvey, spending significant time on Alice Court right by the train.

Then spend time on Throop ave between Halsey and Hancock st.

So was I in the worst part?

BTW, Broadway under the elevated from Williamsburg heading towards Bushwick looked extremely run down. Saw a couple of boarded up houses.
Nahh that wasn't the worst part of Bed Stuy. IMO the worst parts of Bed Stuy are anything near the projects with a few exceptions. If you really want to feel uncomfortable you hit up the following:

Stuyvesant Avenue and Hart Street
Marcus Garvey Boulevard and Pulaski Street
Malcolm X Boulevard and Bainbridge Street
Nostrand Avenue and Gates Avenue
Myrtle Avenue and Marcy Avenue
Marcus Garvey Boulevard and Park Avenue
Throop Avenue and Gates Avenue
Ralph Avenue and Fulton Street
Patchen Avenue and Bainbridge Street

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Nahh that wasn't the worst part of Bed Stuy. IMO the worst parts of Bed Stuy are anything near the projects with a few exceptions. If you really want to feel uncomfortable you hit up the following:

Stuyvesant Avenue and Hart Street
Marcus Garvey Boulevard and Pulaski Street
Malcolm X Boulevard and Bainbridge Street
Nostrand Avenue and Gates Avenue
Myrtle Avenue and Marcy Avenue
Marcus Garvey Boulevard and Park Avenue
Throop Avenue and Gates Avenue
Ralph Avenue and Fulton Street
Patchen Avenue and Bainbridge Street
talkin about projects in bed stuy, what about Brevoort? ive never heard anything about them, either good or bad...same goes for sumner and tompkins further north

Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 PM

383 posts, read 731,634 times
Yo fam to be honest when you talkin about housing projects in bed-stuy they are never gunna be nice or safe. I'm very close to Bed-stuy i live the ghetto of clintin hill which is mabe only about a feww or so block from bed-stuy and may part of clinton sees mad crime. Also commenting on the hipsters, i dont see them lasting long. I give most of them a year or two. I'm really surprised after the crazy killing of like 45 people over labor weekend over in Brooklyn didn't scare them off, hipsters are like the rough neck white people. hahahahaha!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
Yo fam to be honest when you talkin about housing projects in bed-stuy they are never gunna be nice or safe. I'm very close to Bed-stuy i live the ghetto of clintin hill which is mabe only about a feww or so block from bed-stuy and may part of clinton sees mad crime. Also commenting on the hipsters, i dont see them lasting long. I give most of them a year or two. I'm really surprised after the crazy killing of like 45 people over labor weekend over in Brooklyn didn't scare them off, hipsters are like the rough neck white people. hahahahaha!
lol word, the hype might drop soon with all those shootings goin on, you say you live in Clinton Hill, Lafayette Gardens area right?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 AM

383 posts, read 731,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
lol word, the hype might drop soon with all those shootings goin on, you say you live in Clinton Hill, Lafayette Gardens area right?
yes sir. Lafayette is like right around the corner from me. I stay on Classon ave. Alot of stuff goes on over here. Shootings and car thefts are becoming more and more of a problem again on my side of Clinton.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
yes sir. Lafayette is like right around the corner from me. I stay on Classon ave. Alot of stuff goes on over here. Shootings and car thefts are becoming more and more of a problem again on my side of Clinton.
i guess its back to the early 90s after all the recent hype about the area...

Old 10-02-2011, 05:15 PM

20 posts, read 16,801 times
City Line LOOKS the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City