U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Seine Saint Denis 93
567 posts, read 696,888 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/21/ny...-by-gangs.html

That is all...go see people in Brownsville and tell them their neighborhood is overhyped smh
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
 
52 posts, read 76,651 times
Reputation: 10
Boston Road. Bronx East Flatbush Brooklyn , Brownsville and East New York are they really bad like as bad as parts of North Philadelphia and Camden New Jersey. I thought New York was safe and the bronx and brooklyn have been revitalized with yuppies and what not . Is there still nightly shootings and death in New York because if its not it aint that bad. People who say it is need to look up North Philadelphia, Kensington, parts of West Philly, and Southwest Philly. Philly is like a complete jungle of violence mayhem death and destruction, no parental guidance, no job opportunities, too much drugs, prostitutes gangs and what not. Do people exagerrate when they say parts of Boston Road Bronx and other sections like soundview mott haven university heights and parts of East Flatbush, East New York, Brownsville, Bedford Stuyvesant, Buschwick , Crown Heights and Canarsie are bad. Are there nightly shootings everynight in these neighborhoods. I was thinking on doing a paper entitled NYC s hoods meant not to glamorize the hood life but meant to explain what specific neighborhoods and sections of New York continue to experience gun violence, drug trafficking, gang violence, homicide,etc and what society in general needs to do to improve them. I also would like to know if I could compare parts of North Philadelphia with violent parts of New York. Is New Yorks violent neighborhoods like walking to disneyland compared to the Kensington , Allegheny West, Fairhill, Hartranft, Strawberry Mansion Nicetown/tioga neighborhoods of Philly . Do New York s hoods compare at all to North Philadelphias Badlands? could somebody who lives or knows a great deal about these areas of NYC give some information about the way life is in these parts of nyc . Contact me at Sandsharkboy@comcast.net thanks any information would greatly be appreciated. My information will go towards putting together a presentation on how although New York is a great big beautiful city made up of five huge boroughs. And statistics say its the most safest big city in the nation. These statistics can be quite misleading if one looks a these several neighborhoods I asked about in Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens and how many people in these neighborhoods still suffer from homicide gun violence drugs and gangs on an everyday basis and how we need to improve these communities thank you any info would be greatly appreciated. Also ive been hearing people mention the acronym the rocks in queens is this a bad neighborhood and I also am hearing from people that parts of queens are bad if so could somebody tell me where the high crime sections of queens are. Also does manhattan still have its share of shooting and gun violence also . Im trying to get info on the worst of the worst areas in NYC Five boroughs and information on those areas. New York City is the most beautiful city in the world but Im sure it still has a pretty tough and dangerous underworld . Please any info would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Mike ]
Would appreciate if anybody could read my whole requests and give me info on the true facts behind crime in NYC regarding what I asked. Please dont be from some far away state claiming you know about nyc alot of people do that. I would love if I could here from some New Yorkers and gain some knowledge on this pressing issue regarding crime in ny . I am not trying to put down nyc as its the best city in the us. I am trying to identify the root problem area communities within all five boroughs and to what or how serious of an extant is the crime issue within these communities. I've heard from a bunch of news and media sources how nyc is really safe and crime free which alot of it is. But when I go on youtube sometime I see song and rap songs about ny being the hood and people experiencing violence and murder everyday. Is this a reality for some living in New Yorks most poorest and high crime neighborhoods.? Like how does NYC neighborhoods like East Flatbush, Brownsville, East New York, and Bedford Stuyvesant compare to the bad parts of Philadelphia?
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
 
400 posts, read 507,195 times
Reputation: 237
WOW.

I was just surfing youtube and what not and came across one of those wave gang related videos and to make a long story short this kid who played a small role in Brooklyn's Finest (He played Man Man if you seen the movie, I didnt). Anyway this kid was a high ranking Crip gang leader from..... Brownsville and he ended up killing some rival at a Fort Greene Hair Salon

Heres a youtube video with him


LoC's pt1 - YouTube

Fast forward to 2:11
Zaire Paige Not Only Played a Movie Killer, He Became One in Real Life. - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
10,353 posts, read 18,805,565 times
Reputation: 3791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I don't have to find where in a thread you find it being a bad neighborhood based on numbers, it's called inference. What else could you base it being bad off of? That's right, crime, and by you telling me you think it's a rough neighborhood that leads to the notion that it has a lot of crime within a year which is more numbers. I know you don't base i t being bad off of how many bodegas there are, so obviously the NUMBER of crimes makes you believe that.

And guess what, if magically Brownsville switched places with Clinton Hill guess what I'd still be in the same spot because once again, commute isn't bad so you could tell me "live there" and I would.

Hey buddy, read a few posts prior, I don't care if you didn't say it, the other guy talked about how I don't know what the "hard-working residents in brownsville go through" because "they're scared of going outside because of the thugs and crimes going on". That is what in gods name I'm talking about. LOL Nice you're right no one is stopping me from walking out at all hours of the night you don't need to tell me, if that's the case why did you even bother responding to me?

Lol I could care less if yours came up either. A city data "mod reviewer" dead, ooohhhh the world would be in so much angst over it! I'd probably refer to you as Sixth Floor after, Sixth for being Six ft. Under
I base the neighborhood being bad from having first hand experience....you know, like actually being there??? As the other posters said, I base it on personal experience. Been to Brownsville and its NYCHA developments (that's right, plural on developments) more than enough times to know that it's not a walk in the park. I personally don't even like getting off on Saratoga Avenue on the 3 train in the DAYTIME, which I've had to do a few times visiting somebody at Brookdale Hospital. But that's just me.
Don't come on here giving people a false sense of security thinking that it's only the criminals vs. criminals. Think about it, so who's reporting the crime to the police then? You think some thug is rolling into the 73rd Precinct to file a police report about somebody stealing his weed? Stop sniffing the Sharpies.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Ridgewood, NY
2,754 posts, read 3,415,950 times
Reputation: 1281
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I base the neighborhood being bad from having first hand experience....you know, like actually being there??? As the other posters said, I base it on personal experience. Been to Brownsville and its NYCHA developments (that's right, plural on developments) more than enough times to know that it's not a walk in the park. I personally don't even like getting off on Saratoga Avenue on the 3 train in the DAYTIME, which I've had to do a few times visiting somebody at Brookdale Hospital. But that's just me.
Don't come on here giving people a false sense of security thinking that it's only the criminals vs. criminals. Think about it, so who's reporting the crime to the police then? You think some thug is rolling into the 73rd Precinct to file a police report about somebody stealing his weed? Stop sniffing the Sharpies.
LOL... reps coming your way if I still can...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 PM
 
9 posts, read 20,891 times
Reputation: 10
Bushwick considered one of the worst? lol



BK compared to Bagdad, c'mon now.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Bronx
8,527 posts, read 7,860,288 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ma View Post
Bushwick considered one of the worst? lol



BK compared to Bagdad, c'mon now.....
Yo a cop got shot in the head in bushwick, that event alone makes that place troubling. Thats shooting is equivlant to ten thugs getting killed on the street or five people getting hit by crossfire. Bushwick reminds of my own hood of mott haven sometimes. I don't live in that area but I have been to many parts of bk and some places will shake you to the core unless you spent majority of your lifecin the inner city like I have. I rather hear a thug killing a thug instead of a thug killing a cop. A cop getting shot by a thug says a lot about the general area.

But I agree bushwick is far from the worst but its up there
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 AM
 
Location: Ridgewood, NY
2,754 posts, read 3,415,950 times
Reputation: 1281
Election Results

@ grigou I guess you were right... I originally thought Southside and East williamsburg had trouble-makers but Luis Ortiz' aunt (the aunt of the shooter) assured us otherwise...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 AM
 
641 posts, read 603,430 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
WOW.

I was just surfing youtube and what not and came across one of those wave gang related videos and to make a long story short this kid who played a small role in Brooklyn's Finest (He played Man Man if you seen the movie, I didnt). Anyway this kid was a high ranking Crip gang leader from..... Brownsville and he ended up killing some rival at a Fort Greene Hair Salon

Heres a youtube video with him


LoC's pt1 - YouTube

Fast forward to 2:11
Zaire Paige Not Only Played a Movie Killer, He Became One in Real Life. - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice
It's a shame watching these guys actin a fool on camera like this glorifying that gangsta lifestyle. But thats what happens when you have no father, your moms never home because she's either working two jobs or on drugs, and your raised by guy who even worse gangstas than you in the 80's and 90's.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
 
9 posts, read 20,891 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yo a cop got shot in the head in bushwick, that event alone makes that place troubling. Thats shooting is equivlant to ten thugs getting killed on the street or five people getting hit by crossfire. Bushwick reminds of my own hood of mott haven sometimes. I don't live in that area but I have been to many parts of bk and some places will shake you to the core unless you spent majority of your lifecin the inner city like I have. I rather hear a thug killing a thug instead of a thug killing a cop. A cop getting shot by a thug says a lot about the general area.

But I agree bushwick is far from the worst but its up there
That event alone? Hey that's a bad event no doubt.
Someone was hacked apart in Beverly Hills the other week but I won't be avoiding the place anytime soon.

What are the good parts of Bushwick in your opinion?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top