U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 PM

5,058 posts, read 11,347,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
yeah, they've been here for a while. They're deep in Flatbush around Parkside, and they tend to be allied with alot of the West Indian crip gangs. In Bed Stuy, they're up and down Myrtle mostly, they're the biggest gang in Marcy projects last I heard. Over there they have beef with a blood gang called "Pretty Boy Goonies". In my neighborhood they've been around on the humble, but now they're making their presence known.
Very interesting.
Thanks.

I tought the PBG beef was in Southside BK? That's what I been told.

But the new up and coming gangs that have been replacing bloods and crips are YB'z (Young Bosses) and YG'z (Young Gunnaz). These are homegrown African American gangs that are real big in the Bronx (Burnside ave, 183rd, South Bronx, West Farms etc) You can catch them in any project like Lambert, any in Mott Haven, Morrisania, or Melrose. Another place where they are real deep is in Harlem...last I heard they were top dog in Polo Grounds projects. Although not 100% sure, I believe they are in other boroughs too. So it's not just an Uptown thing.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM

302 posts, read 317,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Very interesting.
Thanks.

But the new up and coming gangs that have been replacing bloods and crips are YB'z (Young Bosses) and YG'z (Young Gunnaz). These are homegrown African American gangs that are real big in the Bronx (Burnside ave, 183rd, South Bronx, West Farms etc) You can catch them in any project like Lambert, any in Mott Haven, Morrisania, or Melrose. Another place where they are real deep is in Harlem...last I heard they were top dog in Polo Grounds projects. Although not 100% sure, I believe they are in other boroughs too. So it's not just an Uptown thing.
Don't they fight 2Mafia Family in Harlem too?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM

8,209 posts, read 6,957,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Very interesting.
Thanks.

I heard about a new set in castle hill and soundview called atm which means addicted to money. I remember a couple of years back in mott haven a crip set called hellbound crips, nypd could not even touch them, it took the fbi to shut them down. Hellbound crips pushed millions of dollars of drugs in that, I used to attend school with.these people some years ago. Sad thing now is the bloods and subsidiary sets now roam the streets and pjs.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-02-2011 at 12:01 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 10:11 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,138,090 times
At that YB's and YG'z comment, they're deep in South Jamaica too... By the 40s, there starting to stake claim over there tagging up around York college and in the PJ's as well... And at supermario, I know you got a friend in Ridgewood where you don't see much stuff happen but Gates ave from woodward to cypress and my block Himrod but a little past me between Seneca and Cypress and on those avenues throughout 3ni has claim there... Ridgewood is still King dominated but 3ni got a big set down here...

The reason why they were quiet early on this year is cause cops flooded the area and also a new set DFN (Dem Fly *****s) just bursted out the gate and starting making some real noise in Bushwick and Ridgewood and they shut 3ni down for a little while. But 3ni's already tagged up Himrod and Dekalb throughout... On one side they tag 3ni 187 all over and on the other side on Dekalb, they tag DPL 227 on Onderdonk. Unfortunately, being a JHS teacher in the neighborhood you hear about all this stuff just listening to the students walking down the hallways cause they think you don't know anything... Parents are too busy working 2 jobs to try to support these kids and unfortunately without official proof like beads or tape recordings these kids can simply deny and it becomes my word against there's...

Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 AM

556 posts, read 805,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I heard about a new set in castle hill and soundview called atm which means addicted to money. I remember a couple of years back in mott haven a crip set called hellbound crips, nypd could not even touch them, it took the fbi to shut them down. Hellbound crips pushed millions of dollars of drugs in that, I used to attend school with.these people some years ago. Sad thing now is the bloods and subsidiary sets now roam the streets and pjs.
Seen there tag..so they here

Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM

556 posts, read 805,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
My father owned a grocery store on the corner of Soundview and Lafayette right in front of the projects. Boy, we were in business for less than 2 years and we sold it to a group of Yemenis investors. The business was profitable but that type of business is not for the faint of heart. The neighborhood had great people but damn the crime in terms of theft was so bad. Not a day went by where I didn't have at least one incident. One funny memorable moment was when a kid stole a juice and tried to run out of the store. He pushed the door instead pulling it, and due to the momentum slammed his head into the glass. I scolded him and told him to get out. He came back with his dad a few weeks later. It seemed the the father knew....he had this smirk on this face as I stared at his son who kept his eyes to the floor. What bugged me was that the father made no effort to scold him or come up to me and apologize for his son's actions. I mean it would've went a long way. The age of those who committed crime shocked me as well it varied from the very young to the very old. I had an incident where an old lady was stuffing olive oil (I am an idiot for bringing in Bertolli's in a ****ty neighborhood) up her skirt. The stories are non stop even had a case of Murder in front of the store. Glad I left....I mean I had a great time with the women who thought because I was the son of the owner I must be loaded. I milked it and had a great time while it lasted.
That place always has people hanging out infront of it..

Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 PM

Dam we're starting to see the next generation of NYC gangs. I use to think these new sets were too small to do anything but I'm wrong.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM

8,752 posts, read 8,931,678 times
Well these have been in place for some time. And alot of these "gangs" are really just kids who try to make themselves out to be more than they are. 99.99% of these "new gangs" fizzle out as the founders grow up/go to jail/move out of the city or neighborhod/or just plain straighten themselves out. So I would not be too worried about it.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well these have been in place for some time. And alot of these "gangs" are really just kids who try to make themselves out to be more than they are. 99.99% of these "new gangs" fizzle out as the founders grow up/go to jail/move out of the city or neighborhod/or just plain straighten themselves out. So I would not be too worried about it.
aww sh*t i just realized that lol

Stuff like this happened out my way a couple of years ago at my high school. There were alot of members in different crews but they weren't that serious (All they did was throw hands and jump a few people). But when the older members graduated and moved on with their lives the "gangs" got smaller and didn't do much after awhile and soon everybody dropped that stuff lol

Old 05-02-2011, 02:24 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,138,090 times
@ sobroguy, I wouldn't go as far as 99.9% of gangs thats a bit much... I know of more than a few hispanic gangs in Bushwick and Ridgewood alone that started within the last five years that all make noise in the neighborhood, with the drug trade, territory beef, and have rival gangs already... LDC, CB, DFN, LBfam, etc. and these are all just in my neighborhood...

There was a special on how gangs are once again gaining steam in NYC to the level that we have not seen in awhile... Again I don't like to compare these times to any period between the 70s thru 90s but all these gangs bursting out reminds me of the 70s... and @ sobroguy you gave away your age in a thread I don't remember, so please do not tell me how the 70s was a hellhole and you can't compare nothing to the 70s...

Personally, late 80s-early 90s was the worst period for NYC but there were more gangs in the 70s... The same type of thing seems to be happening again with all these different sets forming...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City