U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Bronx
8,527 posts, read 7,860,288 times
Reputation: 3972

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well it sounds like the cops are doing their jobs at least. Wherever there are people, there are criminals...I do not believe it is gonna heat up in NYC, although there will no doubt be the scary headlines everyone enjoys posting on here.

Nonetheless, with the monumental police presence I am seeing in the Southern Bronx, and the crime trending downwards for the 1st quarter, the normal uptick during summer will be expected, but what makes you believe it will be higher than usual?
I wish I got a nickle everytime some said that, I would be a rich man by now. I see alot of police presence during the time especially when school is out which is good. I dont see much cops at night time though. When crime does happen at night like ten to tweleve cops flood a crime scene making other areas of a hood cop free, making it easy for opportunists to commit crime.

 
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Bronx
8,527 posts, read 7,860,288 times
Reputation: 3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
sobroguy i aint tryin to call you out or somthin, but you are stuck in the 90s my dude. mad parts of NYC are dangerous still. You make it seem like everythings fine and what. I honestly want you to spend a few weeks in east flatbush(where shooting and murders have been happening almost every other day all of a sudden same with bed-stuy, or take a trip over to the South BX where its the same. I like that you really like to keep your hopes up and what not but you've gotta be real somtimes. I mean even tourist and random murders have been happenin again. Just not to long ago in East Flat some kid visting from South Carolina was murdered for no reason, another story and Uncle from VA visting family in Bushwick was stabed and robbed just because. Like i said i'm not tryin to be disrespectful but stop surgercoating things like its ok. When us people out here in the hood don't feel the same.
I think you BKvillian is still think NYC is stuck in the 90s my dude, however some areas of the city is still bad which I do agree. Somethings are fine for some but for others who live in the hood like me and you its not. They are parts of Mott Haven that are ok but others are just a world opposite my dude. True crime levels in NYC have dropped to an all time low in all areas but yes some parts still remain dangerous even though with crime drop. Sobroguy can sugarcoat his neigborhood anytime he wants, however its not going to stop people in that area from killing, selling drugs and white slavery! I felt sorry for that transplant from SC who got shot in Flatbush for mistaken identity he just wanted to start a long career in Hip Hop. No matter what I see a spike in crime this year. At the sametime I feel sorry for the people who are living in transforming neighborhoods of Williamsburg, Bushwick, Washington Heights, Bed Stuy and Mott Haven, east Harlem and even in Downtown Brooklyn for that matter. IN matter a fact when I come home from a nice night out of the town in Manhattan I notice whites who live in Mott Haven they dont get off at 3av 138th street station no more because they have to pass through the PJS to get home. Instead they get off at 138 grand concourse and walk a differenet pattern which I dont blame them. People must remain vigilant no matter what!
 
Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
5,107 posts, read 11,935,597 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
That dont look like Mott Haven. I dont recgonize those buildings anywhere around.
Bro that was on 146th in Between Brook and Willis. Read the comments.

Im not from Mott Haven and I could notice the Diego Beekman or Ramon Betances (it's one of them, too lazy to look them up) houses from a mile away in the video.
 
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Bronx
8,527 posts, read 7,860,288 times
Reputation: 3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Bro that was on 146th in Between Brook and Willis. Read the comments.

Im not from Mott Haven and I could notice the Diego Beekman or Ramon Betances (it's one of them, too lazy to look them up) houses from a mile away in the video.
Nah its not diego beekman, diego beekman is located direcly south of st marys park, which is roughest in mott haven imo. That building on 146 street between willis and brook is a betances. That video was to blurry, im used to hd quality and stuff like that, the video quality threw me off.
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Ridgewood, NY
2,754 posts, read 3,415,950 times
Reputation: 1281
@ bronxguyanese in reference to your comment @ bkvillian... while NYC will never drop 2500 bodies even if meth becomes the next hot drug... I do think there is some truth to what bkvillian is saying... In the 70s when gangs started to rise, we saw the effects in the 80s. Nowadays, there are gangs forming all over the place... Even in nice neighborhoods like Glendale you hear of gangs tagging up and doing petty stuff which is how it starts... Not too long ago there was an article about TGWK tagging up in glendale... A crew that supposedly calls themseles Together We Kill... Its all corny and retarded if you ask me, but its starting to show a disturbing pattern in our youth...

We don't know for sure if these kids will just grow out of it yet, so we can't just dismiss what they are doing now, because they are basically destroying their future already... These kids that bang on the streets at 13 or 14 and drop out of school will eventually be 21,22 years old, without a job, no money and all they've known is that ignorant gang life... Some are able to change, but many don't and I worry for those who don't and what it means for them in the future as well as the safety of certain neighborhoods in NYC...

Now again, I'm not saying it's gonna become a warzone before I get the same recorded reply from sobroguy... but the pattern right now is not trending down as you say... If anything we can thank the weather for the calm first quarter but over the past 2-3 weeks or so violent crime has picked up a considerable amount which seems to point to the fact that it's continuing the rising trend of last year's violent crime rate...
 
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Queens, NY e__e
654 posts, read 721,132 times
Reputation: 358
I know I'm getting sick of seeing R.I.P. papers and wanted posters. It effects my mood and it's almost an everyday thing.

@anon1: I agree with your last paragraph.
 
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 PM
 
8,752 posts, read 9,665,287 times
Reputation: 4168
BKVillain you should do your homework, as I live in the South Bronx and probably have for longer than you have been alive..in the same building no less. I think it is you who is stuck in the 90s, because although there are SOME areas still struggling, with the shining star being East NY, most others have improved phenomenally and are night and day better. That is not to say they are utopias, but they are livable, with the amenities necessary to live and the investment and developments moving the communities forward.

N130, the only way to not see those is to move out of NYC and run to the suburbs like everyone else. Those wanted posters are everywhere in NYC, and will be forever likely.
 
Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,475 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Reputation: 2411
I have a feeling, a bad vibe, so much tension in the air. Atleast around the west farms stop thi is summeris gunna be hell. Just a feelin.
 
Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,475 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
I know I'm getting sick of seeing R.I.P. papers and wanted posters. It effects my mood and it's almost an everyday thing.

@anon1: I agree with your last paragraph.
IT's good you have a mood and an consiece left, my feelings and symphaty disappeared during the crack days. All the best to you.

Of course I still have symphaty, left and feelings but I'm kind of numb.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 05-06-2011 at 01:15 PM..
 
Old 05-06-2011, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Clinton Hill, Brooklyn
383 posts, read 744,045 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
BKVillain you should do your homework, as I live in the South Bronx and probably have for longer than you have been alive..in the same building no less. I think it is you who is stuck in the 90s, because although there are SOME areas still struggling, with the shining star being East NY, most others have improved phenomenally and are night and day better. That is not to say they are utopias, but they are livable, with the amenities necessary to live and the investment and developments moving the communities forward.

N130, the only way to not see those is to move out of NYC and run to the suburbs like everyone else. Those wanted posters are everywhere in NYC, and will be forever likely.
No desrespect but i believe you have no idea what your talking about. I just pray you never have to experence being held at gun point, jumped and robbed and or shoot, because i have a feelin that would mess up your perfect little world you live in. and east ny the only bad spot? you must be silp to much henny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top