Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,247,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
No problem... Btw, getting back to the crime thread...
Three-year-old girl killed by mom's boyfriend for not eating at dinner time

I know these stories are nothing new but it really pains me to see stories like these... I pray for the little girl's family... reading how he didn't even care to take her to the hospital even though she was in pain for four days just ripped my heart... I really couldn't serve in the police force I know I'd be more of a vigilante with cases like these...
One of the most cruel and shocking crimes I have read. Four days of torture.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 AM

For example let's say that some member here from CD gets viciousley attacked on the streets of Mott Haven. Things will proceed like this: The victim will not call 911, he/she want's the case to go unreported in order to keep the crime stats down. But the problem is that "good people" have already called 911 to help the poor victim that is heavily bleeding. What will the victim do? He/she decides to leave the scene of crime before the EMS and cops arriwe. He/she staggers away to a nearby vacant lot and goes hiding. When the situation on the dark street has calmed down and the search for the missing victim of crime is over, he/she will call an cab with trembling hands. The cab arriwes: To Lincoln hospital please Mr. Cab Driver. At Lincoln a group of doctors and nurses gathers around the victim: Oh, my god what happened to you?.....It's nothing "I fell in the stairs of my tenement buildning in Mott Haven". After 2 weeks of hopitalization he/she of course returns to his/her home neighborhood of Mott Haven. All bruised and full of scars, the neighbors ask: Oh, my god what happened to you?.... "It's nothing I just fell in the stairs of my tenement buildning".

This is just an example of how to keep violent crime stats down. This scenario could occur anywhere in the city.

Also very common in domestic violence cases, the female will not report the violent abuse by her husband/boyfriend.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 06-23-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 07:48 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,372,483 times
Whitlock..we already know you are nutz. You don't have to keep posting such zany comments. Now there is a conspiracy in neighborhoods like Mott Haven by the victims of violent crime, who are overwhelimingly (and by that I mean 99.9999999999999999%) low-income/long-time residents, to not report crimes in order to keep the crime rates down? You think Devon, Iyvette, Juan, and Latisha care about that?

Sorry dude....I think the transplants have more of an interest in reporting crime and getting criminals off the street, while the "natives" are more likely not to report crimes because A. They might also implicate themselves in something/warrants, B. Prefer the code of the streets/don't want to be a rat. But that has nothing to do with anyone trying to manipulate stats.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:14 AM

I believe that there are people who could behave like this in case of violent attack. People in the field of real estate, "gentrificators" etc. I agree that Latisha don't care about crime stats, and yes she propably would not report a crime cuz of the don't be a snitch mentality in the hoods.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 06-23-2011 at 08:25 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 08:36 AM

288 posts, read 566,549 times
No one PERIOD cares about crime stats except for ppl on this forum, nay, in this thread. That victims of a crime don't report it because they want to keep the stats down is another low on CD as far as ridiculous comments on crime.

I will stay put and observe the show. Who can come up with the next zinger?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigou View Post
No one PERIOD cares about crime stats except for ppl on this forum, nay, in this thread. That victims of a crime don't report it because they want to keep the stats down is another low on CD as far as ridiculous comments on crime.

I will stay put and observe the show. Who can come up with the next zinger?
All I'm saying that there could be some nutcase that want's the crime to go down so bad, that he/she wont report even an attack against him/herself.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM

I dont doubt there is 1 nutcase..but who cares.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Just great, jusy great, another murder for mott haven. Thats up to 12 vs all of last years 14.
Wow, pretty rough part of town you live in.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Lol...actually there was a time not long ago when that number was 72...THAT was when it was a rough part of town. This is a cake walk in comparison.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:23 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
And there was also a time when it was still considered one of the most dangerous parts of the city in the mid 90s and had 24 murders which as of right now is on pace to break that number and be closer to 30 considering how the 40 year trend of crime correlates to a spike in the summertime...

Not saying it's 1990 but you really need to stop disregarding the crime that takes place in your area because being so dispondent about something that is obviously happening can ruin your reputation as a serious poster...

And to whitlock's point, do I think that if someone is left for dead in the streets they would fail to report it... no. But do I think that if someone (a crazy person with an agenda) got jumped in there neighborhood and they were interested in bringing other folks to this area that they would fail to report it... of course... And there's no question to that... Some of these people that move here live in a fantasy world... Take the Mckibbin lofts in Bushwick... there were three separate incidences of armed robbery in 4 days and you know how they responded... And you know why these incidences were allowed to happen... because they left their doors unlocked...

McKibbin Lofts are party — and crime — central - NYPOST.com

These people genuinely want to believe and want to others to believe that they are absolutely safe from any crimes happening to them so they do stupid things like this... Believe me whitlock's theory was a little out there but it's not as farfetched as some are making it seem... Last thing these people want to do is bring negative publicity to the area that they are so desperately trying to hype up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City