U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:30 AM

29 posts, read 33,203 times
Default Quite A Dilemma...

Hey guys. You might have seen me around here responding to posts (probably not). I have a dilemma and I thought I could get some advice. I work in Manhattan as a porter in a really upscale (upscale to me at least) residential building. I'm just a fill in guy and got the position because a family member put in a good word. For the last week I've been doing my normal routine (taking out garbage, sweeping, mopping, ect.) with this family member. While I was doing this day-in, and-day out (for the past week) this family member of mine introduced me to a new tennant. She's twenty-two years old (like me) and she's really cute and funny. I was up at her appartment a few days ago helping her out with something. We chit-chated and talked and I couldn't help but notice her smiling at and eyeing me alot. I want to ask her out on a date, but I'm really afraid it could back fire and hurt my family members position (this person has been there for almost 30 years!). However, I feel like if I don't at least ask I'll end up regreting it for a real long time. Please help :/

P. S. This is not my first week working there lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 AM

4,847 posts, read 4,653,368 times
Time to grow up and learn to keep it in your pants.
There are millions of women in this city.
Pick another one.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 AM

6,371 posts, read 10,303,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
Time to grow up and learn to keep it in your pants..........

Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 AM

29 posts, read 33,203 times
Hahahaha...that was actually funny. I appreciate the honesty, but it is a bit more than just sexual (just a bit).

Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 AM

93 posts, read 181,662 times
hmm, well as long as you ask her out in a respectful way you should be fine, unless you have made a habit of doing this, or signed something that states you cannot ask a female out in the building. Still A free Country Right? Or just ask your family member before you do to see if this would cause any problems...

The worst she can say is no, i don't think she would report you or anything..But I would continue to talk to her for a while longer before you do...

Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 AM

755 posts, read 1,195,132 times
Sorry, but is there any chance that you could've been reading her signals the wrong way? I.E., maybe she was smiling and eyeing you a lot because she was nervous about being alone in her apartment with a strange guy?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 AM

4,368 posts, read 3,164,443 times
Run into her apt one day screaming and wielding your mop wearing nothing but tighty whities, your boots, and a mexican wrestling mask. Chicks LOVE seeing spontaniety like this.....

You're welcome

Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 486,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Run into her apt one day screaming and wielding your mop wearing nothing but tighty whities, your boots, and a mexican wrestling mask. Chicks LOVE seeing spontaniety like this.....

You're welcome

I've always planned on proposing to my future wife in a way similar to that illustrated above.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM

710 posts, read 879,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
Time to grow up and learn to keep it in your pants.
There are millions of women in this city.
Pick another one.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM

710 posts, read 879,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCdood View Post
Hey guys. You might have seen me around here responding to posts (probably not). I have a dilemma and I thought I could get some advice. I work in Manhattan as a porter in a really upscale (upscale to me at least) residential building. I'm just a fill in guy and got the position because a family member put in a good word. For the last week I've been doing my normal routine (taking out garbage, sweeping, mopping, ect.) with this family member. While I was doing this day-in, and-day out (for the past week) this family member of mine introduced me to a new tennant. She's twenty-two years old (like me) and she's really cute and funny. I was up at her appartment a few days ago helping her out with something. We chit-chated and talked and I couldn't help but notice her smiling at and eyeing me alot. I want to ask her out on a date, but I'm really afraid it could back fire and hurt my family members position (this person has been there for almost 30 years!). However, I feel like if I don't at least ask I'll end up regreting it for a real long time. Please help :/

P. S. This is not my first week working there lol.
You can write you own chapter of Sex and the City. Would you give us an update in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City