Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 AM

11 posts, read 62,046 times

Advertisements

I am looking for recommendations for a good place in NYC to hang out/meet guys for a group of 22/23 year old girls. Specifically a place that plays top 40 and has guys in our age range (frat boy style is preferred!) We are white, attractive, educated and are down for either a casual bar or more of a dance club type of place.

The other night we went out to three bars that were rated some of the "best places for singles" and they all sucked - Bar 13, Grove 49 and Kingswood.

Hope someone can help me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM

33,327 posts, read 46,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat1 View Post
I am looking for recommendations for a good place in NYC to hang out/meet guys for a group of 22/23 year old girls. Specifically a place that plays top 40 and has guys in our age range (frat boy style is preferred!) We are white, attractive, educated and are down for either a casual bar or more of a dance club type of place.

The other night we went out to three bars that were rated some of the "best places for singles" and they all sucked - Bar 13, Grove 49 and Kingswood.

Whiskey Brooklyn - 44 Berry Street, Williamsburg

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-30-2011, 11:21 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,800,438 times
I've found Phebes on Bowery & E 4th Street every fun. It's really young and not too expensive and easy to meet guys. Sometimes theres a line though which sucks.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:51 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,182,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat1 View Post

There is this place right off of 9th Ave. in Hell's Kitchen. Amazing place, and crazy easy to meet hot guys. It kind of looks like an apartment, but don't be fooled. You just ring the buzzer and I'll...........er the bouncer will let you up.

PM for the address....

Old 01-30-2011, 01:54 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,613,553 times
If you like stupid, drunk, rowdy frat boys then go to Gin Mill in the Upper Westside. You'll have no shortage of what you're looking for.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM

110 posts, read 218,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
There is this place right off of 9th Ave. in Hell's Kitchen. Amazing place, and crazy easy to meet hot guys. It kind of looks like an apartment, but don't be fooled. You just ring the buzzer and I'll...........er the bouncer will let you up.

PM for the address....
I had no idea you were a girl availableusername... hahahaha

I was wondering where the younger girls hang out nowadays that are not hipsters and who I can speak with and not feel like I am in an episode of the twilight zone. I used to hang out at CBGB's back in the day before it closed, and I have been away for awhile so I was wondering where is a good scene now to meet some new people and possible girls for myself.

I don't really feel comfortable in the bowery anymore, strange as it may sound I felt more at home with all the drunks who were yelling to themselves on the street than the element lurking around there now... strange how the world works

Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 PM

277 posts, read 770,141 times
Turtle Bay

Old 01-31-2011, 03:27 PM

988 posts, read 3,240,920 times
3 intersections come to mind that have more than enough bars with frat-like dudes.

34th and 3rd ave in Murray Hill.
52nd and 2nd ave on the East Side.

Rivington and Essex is a mix of preps and Hipsters, on the Lower East Side.

To add, there are lots of bars scattered on the Upper East Side, not really concentrated but you'll find your type of guy and cheaper drinks.

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: