Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM

38 posts, read 48,142 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm new here. My interview for Dumont Green in Brooklyn is tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think of my application.

It's me and my mom, I'm 23 she's 53. I filled out the application, I work part time and I'm a full time student, my salary is about 15k and my mom is on unemployment right now, she's getting about $138 a month which roughly works out to about 7k a year. The min is 19k the max is 25k for the apartment.

What do you think? Will I be disqualified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM

11 posts, read 58,074 times
Default Hi

Hello, i would like to know how ur interview when with Dumont Green Apts?. Did you get approved right there or they will sent a letter to you letting you know.Thanks i'm also waiting to get interview also.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:15 AM
mfe

5 posts, read 12,246 times
We also have an interview tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated! We are a young couple with a newborn baby.

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfe View Post
We also have an interview tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated! We are a young couple with a newborn baby.

Thanks!
Hi MFE i would like to know how ur interview when please, im also waiting to be interview and i would really appreciated it. How long after u apply you guys got called for the interview?. Thanks

Old 05-13-2011, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 10,596 times
Hi hope this helps! I had an, "interview" yesterday. I placed interivew in quotes because it wasn't really an interview they took ALL of my Required documents and said that the process is now beginging. I needed to bring her two more things but I faxed them in. Please have proof of income, I saw people get turned away . Also PLEASE don't take this the wrong way but I saw a lady get turned away because she said her source of income was her sons dissability income. While I do believe that if you have a serverely dissabled child who you watch on a fulltime basis that you should be able to use their money as a means to survive. These people won't see it that way . Dissability is a fixed income and can be low. It was quick easy to find and I mostly have all of my info. They are sending my info to the housing authority and I should find out in June.

Good luck to all and God bless

p.s if anyone has ever done this and got an apt with bad credit please let me know. I don't know ANYONE who is in a low income house/apt with bad credit unless they r to high and mighty to admit it. I admit I messed up my credit but will be soon making amends in trying to fix it.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 10,596 times
no
i dont think you will be.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumont hope View Post
Hi hope this helps! I had an, "interview" yesterday. I placed interivew in quotes because it wasn't really an interview they took ALL of my Required documents and said that the process is now beginging. I needed to bring her two more things but I faxed them in. Please have proof of income, I saw people get turned away . Also PLEASE don't take this the wrong way but I saw a lady get turned away because she said her source of income was her sons dissability income. While I do believe that if you have a serverely dissabled child who you watch on a fulltime basis that you should be able to use their money as a means to survive. These people won't see it that way . Dissability is a fixed income and can be low. It was quick easy to find and I mostly have all of my info. They are sending my info to the housing authority and I should find out in June.

Good luck to all and God bless

p.s if anyone has ever done this and got an apt with bad credit please let me know. I don't know ANYONE who is in a low income house/apt with bad credit unless they r to high and mighty to admit it. I admit I messed up my credit but will be soon making amends in trying to fix it.

Hello Dumont Hope thanks for the info and im with u too my credit is bad as well and i also applied to the dumont green appts, but im still waiting for the interview im hoping they're still sending interviews appoinments still. Did it took u a while until u heard from them to give u an interview?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:42 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,159,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandi87 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new here. My interview for Dumont Green in Brooklyn is tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think of my application.

It's me and my mom, I'm 23 she's 53. I filled out the application, I work part time and I'm a full time student, my salary is about 15k and my mom is on unemployment right now, she's getting about $138 a month which roughly works out to about 7k a year. The min is 19k the max is 25k for the apartment.

What do you think? Will I be disqualified?
Good for you for going to school. Why is your Mom on unemployment and not working? These things will be factored in. PS. Your math is off. Not sure if that would make a difference as well.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,399 times
to ellyyo, i actually have bad credit and also was concern with not being picked i was actually at my interview last thursday so long story short this management company has more than one new building coming up a few weeks prior to my dumont interview i had an interview for the st anns apt in the bronx, so while i was at the queens office for my dumont interview i figure i inquire about my st anns since i did not hear n e thing yet low and behold the lady who helped me out went to find out my status and she came back and was like "which area would you rather live in" which was music to my ears but the only down side to my situation is that i now have to wait for those who applied and have priority because they are residents to the neighborhood so in the end i am still waiting as well but in gods hands i left it and he'll know whether or not i will get the apt...

hope that help a little

Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by footluce1015 View Post
to ellyyo, i actually have bad credit and also was concern with not being picked i was actually at my interview last thursday so long story short this management company has more than one new building coming up a few weeks prior to my dumont interview i had an interview for the st anns apt in the bronx, so while i was at the queens office for my dumont interview i figure i inquire about my st anns since i did not hear n e thing yet low and behold the lady who helped me out went to find out my status and she came back and was like "which area would you rather live in" which was music to my ears but the only down side to my situation is that i now have to wait for those who applied and have priority because they are residents to the neighborhood so in the end i am still waiting as well but in gods hands i left it and he'll know whether or not i will get the apt...

hope that help a little
Thanks for the info but did they tell you that you was approved for appt? Or they will write back to to let you know? Anthoher question are they till interview for the Dumont green? Thanks

Hi t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City