Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 PM

113 posts, read 263,987 times

Advertisements

Hey! I was born and raised in Queens (Elmhurst, Middle Village, Sunnyside) from birth to age 30. Then I relocated to Nassau (Baldwin) and have been here for the last 4 years. We've decided to rent our house out and we found a great apartment in Middle Village/Ridgewood. Since I've been out of the area for a few years, I have a few questions:

*How is the former Miraculous Medal school doing now (Notre Dame Catholic Academy)?
*How's the safety of the area (around Forest Ave, Palmetto St)?
*Restaurant recommendations in the area (we LOVE Italian!!)
*Parks/Playgrounds (for a 4 year old and a 2 year old)

Any other info would be appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 11:58 PM

67 posts, read 343,926 times
I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that you're italian.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 AM

334 posts, read 662,562 times
Mario's in Sunnyside is still pretty good.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:09 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
@ Gina that area is very safe... around there its more european than hispanic but it still has a nice mix of people. thats the one thing that i really see in ridgewood that you don't see too much anywhere else. most places that are diverse have their sections where it is strictly white, strictly indian, strictly chinese, strictly hispanic but in Ridgewood in one 6 apartment building you may have 2 hispanic families, 1 euro family, 1 chinese, 1 middle eastern and 1 black family all living together... Its a great place to live. crime happens as in any neighborhood, granted but the area where you are asking is very nice.

also this area has alot of parks and children so it would be a great place to raise a family. rosemary playground or (93 park) is a block and a half away from there.

great italian place that I love is on Fresh Pond rd. two blocks about two blocks away from Forest. it's called antica trattoria. and the people there are old-school italians... cool people. Joe's restaurant is also right next to you on forest ave. between forest and gates. it gets good reviews but I personally like Antica better.

@ charles barkeley I'd say either Italian or hispanic. us spanish people love Italian food for some reason...

Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM

442 posts, read 1,297,021 times
good luck on that journey to your new apartment and good luck! quite a distance your travelling.....

Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 PM

Yes Charles! I am Italian! How'd you know?? LOL!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
good luck on that journey to your new apartment and good luck! quite a distance your travelling.....
Thanks!! It's about 45 min to an hour from Baldwin!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ Gina that area is very safe... around there its more european than hispanic but it still has a nice mix of people. thats the one thing that i really see in ridgewood that you don't see too much anywhere else. most places that are diverse have their sections where it is strictly white, strictly indian, strictly chinese, strictly hispanic but in Ridgewood in one 6 apartment building you may have 2 hispanic families, 1 euro family, 1 chinese, 1 middle eastern and 1 black family all living together... Its a great place to live. crime happens as in any neighborhood, granted but the area where you are asking is very nice.

also this area has alot of parks and children so it would be a great place to raise a family. rosemary playground or (93 park) is a block and a half away from there.

great italian place that I love is on Fresh Pond rd. two blocks about two blocks away from Forest. it's called antica trattoria. and the people there are old-school italians... cool people. Joe's restaurant is also right next to you on forest ave. between forest and gates. it gets good reviews but I personally like Antica better.

@ charles barkeley I'd say either Italian or hispanic. us spanish people love Italian food for some reason...
Anon, thanks for the great info!! Definitely helpful!!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 AM

442 posts, read 1,297,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaFromQueens View Post
Thanks!! It's about 45 min to an hour from Baldwin!
lol i was just kidding. its no more than 25 minutes though i drive that route all the time unless theres unusual traffic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City