Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:02 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycage View Post
The Bronx is not that bad, you just have to be careful of your surroundings like any other place. I lived there for over 28 yrs and was never robbed, attacked or had violence against me but when I moved to Poconos, PA my house was robbed the first week.
This. Some street smarts will take you a long way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 5,047 times
YA PPL DNT KNO THE HALF OF IT MY LIL BROTHER WAS SHOT N THE HEAD POINT BLANK RAGE LAST YEAR N THE SOUTH BRONX PROJECTS N HE 17 JUS BECAUSE HE WAS SAYIN BROOKLYN THIS N BROOKLYN THAT BY A BUNCH OF DRUNK TEENs N A PARTY I WE ARE FROM BROWNVILLE

Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times
I dunno what you just said but there is no doubt that if you associate with thugs and that lifestyle, nothing good will come of it. And your comment probably supports that. That has less to do with the South Bronx and more to do with who you associate with. Keep your nose clean, don't hang out with the homies in the corner at 3am, stay out of the hallways of the housing projects, the thugs are not your friend no matter how many times they say "sup" to you. And you will be just fine.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:12 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELLDADON View Post
YA PPL DNT KNO THE HALF OF IT MY LIL BROTHER WAS SHOT N THE HEAD POINT BLANK RAGE LAST YEAR N THE SOUTH BRONX PROJECTS N HE 17 JUS BECAUSE HE WAS SAYIN BROOKLYN THIS N BROOKLYN THAT BY A BUNCH OF DRUNK TEENs N A PARTY I WE ARE FROM BROWNVILLE
Ha I know a similar story some years back about a Bronxite who was up in Bushwick Brooklyn bosting up about the Bronx and he got shot through the neck but managed to survive. Your brother comes from a rough area and goes to a party in another rough area to boost about where he from is a cause for trouble. I may live in the Hood but I dont associate with hood like elements, its either a quick trip to up river or a quick trip 6 feet under, for many of these people its no escape. This goes for any area of NYC, and even if your a wannabe thug in middle class areas I wont associate with these elements. Sorry for your brother though. I remember some kid getting shot at some party on morris avenue in the bronx a couple of years back. Im 6 2 and weight 270 pounds niether cop for liablity issues dont stop or frisk me, search my bag or thugs, gangsters, wannabes, bloods and trinitarios dont mess with me. Hang with hood like element your looking for trouble. Sorry about your bro.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:15 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
This happened around the corner from where I live. Im kind of shocked and and dissapointed about this ghetto savagery that still presists. I used shop at this bodega but since these durka durks did not prevent the assilants from attacking thier attended victim, the victim is now scared for life. This could have been someones sister. Some good people in the south bronx but once you mix with the hood mentality its either up the river or six feet under. A good thing I dont know any of these women in the video.

YouTube - Mott Haven Assault

Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 AM

479 posts, read 1,442,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This happened around the corner from where I live. Im kind of shocked and and dissapointed about this ghetto savagery that still presists. I used shop at this bodega but since these durka durks did not prevent the assilants from attacking thier attended victim, the victim is now scared for life. This could have been someones sister. Some good people in the south bronx but once you mix with the hood mentality its either up the river or six feet under. A good thing I dont know any of these women in the video.

YouTube - Mott Haven Assault
Sad. They cut the girls face and scar her for life. Here is a photo of one of the criminals... Hope they get caught soon.

Police Looking For Britney Sanders, 2 Others In Bronx Assault « CBS New York

Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Is the assailant hitting only with fists or slashing the victim with something sharp over and over again?

If slashing the poor victim has no face left. This is so vicious.

Looks like she is indeed slashing when I watched the video more carefully.

I just watched the NYPD most wanted and that f*****g Sanders is not even on the list. And there has been kids suspected of minor theft on that list! Hope she's caught.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-07-2011 at 09:12 AM..

Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM

This is unfortunate...but this is not a common occurence although many would have you believe it. It used to happen more frequently however. Crime happens...welcome to NYC, but we have become a far less violent city, and crime is down substantially even in the infamous areas like the Southern Bronx.

I can say that in my experience street violence and attacks are rare, but there are always kids who have nothing to do and look for trouble, and there are the usual "beefs" with rival buildings/blocks/schools/etc. Such is life and will always happen..no matter where you go.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,352,947 times
I work at 149th & 3rd and I wouldn't call it dangerous. I walk around and (knock wood) nothing has happened to me. I'm cautious, though because anything can happen anywhere. Having been all around the city, I'd have to say that this is the most depressing area I have seen. It's like the revitalization (aside from a significant decrease in serious crime) did not happen her. It's not pretty and the people look broken and sick. It's more sad than anything else.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM

I will admit that the HUb shopping district feels like it is stuck in 1980..alot of the buildings are not in the best condition and nobody looks happy or even smiles. They have been working on improving things, and some buildings have been rehabbed, new medians, planters, bike lanes, historic lamp posts, street plantings, etc...but it still needs a lot of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City