Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Bloomberg has urged Congress to fix "loopholes" in Federal gun laws after undercover video allegedly showed gun vendors in Phoenix failing to conduct background checks before selling firearms. The mayor used NYC funds to send investigators to a gun show in the Grand Canyon State.
Doesn't the Mayor have better things to do than waste NYC funds on issues outside of his jurisdiction.

Quote:
"He's out here in Arizona solving our problems. I guess he believes that he has solved all the problems in New York," Arizona Governor Jan Brewer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,929 times
In the adult world, you don't just ignore everything around you and live in a hobbit hole. What happens outside of NYC, like the lax gun laws across the country, affects New Yorkers with illegal guns flooding our streets and making crime more deadly/violent.

If that isn't clear enough for you, if your neighbor's building burns to the ground and now is full of rats, drug addicts and homeless people, your answer is not "I should mind my own business and it doesn't affect me" when in fact rats are flooding into your apt because they are breeding next door, and bums are breaking into you building because they are living next door, etc.

What happens outside of NYC, or your home, affects us all, and the idea that a Mayor who is leading our city and responsible for the citizens should "mind his own business" and "what happens outside of NYC does not affect us and is not our concern" is pathetic on every level, and demonstrates your utter and profound ignorance.

I get that you are anti-Bloomberg, and are extremely young/immature/small minded, but these comments are trolling. Yet another lousy thread from you.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times
Mayor Bloomberg is out of his Jurisdiction.

Using NYC funds that could be spent on NYC budget shortfall.

Arizona governor said it right.

Just because you don't like what you see or hear is not trolling.

Sobro if anything you are trolling, name calling. Please get a life and grow up

Old 02-08-2011, 01:14 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
In the adult world, you don't just ignore everything around you and live in a hobbit hole. What happens outside of NYC, like the lax gun laws across the country, affects New Yorkers with illegal guns flooding our streets and making crime more deadly/violent.

If that isn't clear enough for you, if your neighbor's building burns to the ground and now is full of rats, drug addicts and homeless people, your answer is not "I should mind my own business and it doesn't affect me" when in fact rats are flooding into your apt because they are breeding next door, and bums are breaking into you building because they are living next door, etc.

What happens outside of NYC, or your home, affects us all, and the idea that a Mayor who is leading our city and responsible for the citizens should "mind his own business" and "what happens outside of NYC does not affect us and is not our concern" is pathetic on every level, and demonstrates your utter and profound ignorance.

I get that you are anti-Bloomberg, and are extremely young/immature/small minded, but these comments are trolling. Yet another lousy thread from you.
Here is the thing that you are not getting it comeing down to haveing a warrant put out for his actions and yes some things does affect how the things are done on the streets of the city ..But the law says you can not cross state lines without asking the state you are going into for premission to come into there state and do a socalled gun sting .

He seams to think that the laws of the one state does not apply to him and it going to be his downfall and the reason why you ask is that some of the states that he pulled his socalled stings in are going to band togerther and start a investigation into his tactics of crossing state lines at will and useing funds to do socalled gun stings ..

He allready gotten into trouble once and the only thing saved his beacon that time was the Justice Dept was able to head it off and now the same thing where he likes to stick his nose where it does not belong is going to get him inside a jail cell by a state looking to charge him with a crime of gun running and that basically what they will charge him under because of beening a head of a group who has bought a firearm to take back across state lines..

Then a bunch more charges are going to come into play like the Rico act and few others big name acts

And you ask how that when the first time he was able to not to get charge with a crime like the above one is because of the Blue dogs control the house and the spending money for the Justice Dept and now that the Red Dogs control the house and the spending money or there yearly budget so that means some of the Red dogs who states that have been target for this stings are going to the Justice dept behind close doors when they come to the hill for there budgets money are going to get told you take out a Arrest Warrant for him or i will block the passage of the budget ..

Then you ask how can a one person do that all he has to do is go to the one of the Red dogs in the group who sits on the Justice Dept budget oversite and go the next time you got a bill comeing up i vote for it to help you out ..

The Justice dept has told him to stop doing this and he has not listen to them because they know it going to come down the line that one state is going to get ticked off enough to have a Arrest warrant put out there for him and he not going to be able to run away and hide under the coat tails of the Justice dept ..

it like the old saying of this ..when you poke a sleeping bear long enough the bear is going to wake up and bite you ..so maybe he needs not to poke the states with these stings because if keeps down this path he on he going to see the inside of the jail cell looking out at the world and he going to be there for a while ..

Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,561 times
sorry double post there ..hit the button twice

Last edited by henry1; 02-08-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City