Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:20 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
Sad thing indeed, availableusername. And I do sympathize with your points. I guess when it boils down to it, I rather kid's asses getting fat than to having their hideous group hangouts in front of a residential building, nothing good ever comes out of being outside without a purpose, especially true in NYC. It's always cool hanging out with friends. But growing up, what my friends and I did was, walk together to a park, pool, anywhere that is actually considered an area to hang out. We would play all day and split up when we reached our block and go upstairs... None of us would stand in front of our buildings in a circle. If we did, we probable would have fed the ghetto machine and gotten into a fight with the other group of kids who hung out in front of their building down the block; without a care in the world.

I guess I am speaking to a broader group of zombie children, than just the punks on 163rd Street. It was an inevitable progression with the advent of the internet and state of the art gaming systems. I mean, the singularity will happen within this century for facks sake. Eventually people won't even talk to each other anymore, the way we know it today. It's just fascinating to watch, and sad at the same time is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 12:22 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,580,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I guess I am speaking to a broader group of zombie children, than just the punks on 163rd Street. It was an inevitable progression with the advent of the internet and state of the art gaming systems. I mean, the singularity will happen within this century for facks sake. Eventually people won't even talk to each other anymore, the way we know it today. It's just fascinating to watch, and sad at the same time is all.

I was responding with a similar sentiment as you, though apparently I was also misinterpreted. I also meant the broader issue of children doing little more than computer/video games.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:28 PM

503 posts, read 899,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Agreed. Our current Social Capital comes with it's pros and cons.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:30 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
another thing that is so rude is some moron talking pacing back and forth in front of my building while i am either trying to sleep, read a book or watch TV. but no, i have hear some moron talking on her cell phone.
It makes me irate, i feel like throwing a glass of water at them

Old 05-27-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
I was responding with a similar sentiment as you, though apparently I was also misinterpreted. I also meant the broader issue of children doing little more than computer/video games.

You misinterpreted me, this thread isn't about video games, I was merely pointing out which poison I rather see chosen. For the sake of the neighborhood.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
another thing that is so rude is some moron talking pacing back and forth in front of my building while i am either trying to sleep, read a book or watch TV. but no, i have hear some moron talking on her cell phone.
It makes me irate, i feel like throwing a glass of water at them
Yeah that's pretty bad. Sucks when you know the only time you can guarantee these idiots to stay home is when it's raining. You shouldn't have to care about such things. But these guys bring it out of ya.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:34 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,580,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
You misinterpreted me, this thread isn't about video games, I was merely pointing out which poison I rather see chosen. For the sake of the neighborhood.

Well, I apologize if I mistinterpreted you. However, when you asked "Did I just hear the words inhibit education associated with hanging out in front of a apartment building?", my response was no, since that's not what I was responding to. I completely understand your point of what's the lesser of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: