Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM

109 posts, read 237,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Stay on China. Respond to my question.

I am sorry you don't care about Sudan. Chinese armed North Sudanese have been raping and killing the largely Black African Southern Sudanese because they are 'dark and not Islamic. So 'good ole China is helping out.
I don't really think you know much about Sudan AT ALL. I chilled with Sudanese a lot in college, and none of them ever claimed they weren't black. So this whole rhetoric about the evil Arabs up north killing black Africans is stupid because the people in the north and people in the south are all "black", and Arab is not a race, it's a language group. You dudes always talk about Sudan and try to misrepresent Sudan for your own purposes. The dude who taught me how to read in Arabic is from Sudan the "north", is darker than me (I'm African American) and never once claimed he was not black. They have "dark" people all over the country including the north. And don't play that religious card, there's Sudanese tribes in the SAME religion who don't get along. Misseriyas war with Reizegats and they are the same religion. Tribe has ALWAYS come before everything else. They essentially gangbang using tribes just like how we form gangs and "sets" in America. Putting northern and southern Sudanese in different races is like saying Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords or Bloods and Crips are two separate races and reeks of ulterior motives to play up tribal conflicts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM

770 posts, read 1,124,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
I don't really think you know much about Sudan AT ALL. I chilled with Sudanese a lot in college, and none of them ever claimed they weren't black. So this whole rhetoric about the evil Arabs up north killing black Africans is stupid because the people in the north and people in the south are all "black", and Arab is not a race, it's a language group. You dudes always talk about Sudan and try to misrepresent Sudan for your own purposes. The dude who taught me how to read in Arabic is from Sudan the "north", is darker than me (I'm African American) and never once claimed he was not black. They have "dark" people all over the country including the north. And don't play that religious card, there's Sudanese tribes in the SAME religion who don't get along. Misseriyas war with Reizegats and they are the same religion. Tribe has ALWAYS come before everything else. They essentially gangbang using tribes just like how we form gangs and "sets" in America. Putting northern and southern Sudanese in different races is like saying Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords or Bloods and Crips are two separate races and reeks of ulterior motives to play up tribal conflicts.

I am sorry, but your ignorance is truly appauling. Of course Tribal based politics are the rule, who does not know that about Africa? But where are the arms coming from? Work on it. In Sobro's words, "Class dismissed."

Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,805,828 times
Quote:
I am sorry, but your ignorance is truly appauling. Of course Tribal based politics are the rule, who does not know that about Africa? But where are the arms coming from? Work on it. In Sobro's words, "Class dismissed."
You always had a bunch of different nations, ethnicities, and cultural groups in Africa. From time to time, they have fought with each other just like different ethnic/national groups have fought with each other in Europe or Asia.

The conflict you have in the Sudan is the same conflict you have in Africa from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea. The Sahel region in between the Sahara desert and the more fertile lands further South has been a source of conflict between the more Islamic ethnic groups and the ethnic groups further South (who are a lot less Islamic) for many centuries.

And some of the Islamic blacks from places like Mali and Northern Nigeria (Muslims) are some of the BLACKEST blacks you'll ever see. You've got some real Black people from Northern Sudan too.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
With a new Aldi's. I notice the MTA has been renovating the nearby stations that serve the Hub, as well as painting the 2 structure just before it goes down underground at 149th and 3rd Avenue.
Every so often the MTA paints that elevated tracks. I remember when the colors were painted, brown, grey, dark green at aparticular section and now like a brown red. Some good old industrial paint, watch the paint wear off within less than a year and look very aged!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:13 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,552,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Most of the newer construction in Manhattan isn't that nice frankly...
I'd go as far as to say downright ugly. It's one to build luxury housing, but to have the architecture be so out of place with the rest of the neighborhood with the weirdest shapes and colors...ugh! In 5 to 10 years, they will not age well at all.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:16 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,805,828 times
Quote:
The arms come from China, Europe, the United States, Brazil, wherever they can buy the weapons from. But the ethnic/religious conflicts of the Sahel have been going on for many centuries and some of the Sahel Muslims are charcoal Black (as it its not possible to be Blacker than).

Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian_Stallion View Post
A once classy borough ruined
Bronx was never a classy borough!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The arms come from China, Europe, the United States, Brazil, wherever they can buy the weapons from. But the ethnic/religious conflicts of the Sahel have been going on for many centuries and some of the Sahel Muslims are charcoal Black (as it its not possible to be Blacker than).

The majority of the weapons used by the Northern Sudanese 'milita' have been 'donated' by China. Oh, and the rebels in Nigeria as well. Thanks MAO!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Bronx was never a classy borough!
Not true at all. It was the place to live for the up and coming in the 1920s.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,153,092 times
Quote:
Not true at all. It was the place to live for the up and coming in the 1920s.
True probably at least into the 40s'-50's there was a higher quality of life and many of the Bronx apartment buildings were the first to offer such "amenities" as elevators, electric not gas lights, garbage shoots, etc. I know those aren't amenities but they were back then, keep in perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City