Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 958,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist View Post
Me too!

Yeah, it's super real. I had never seen that one before though. It was comedy once my eyes stopped tearing. lol

Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM

227 posts, read 435,821 times
time to lock the doors...

Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 PM

810 posts, read 833,652 times
The majority of Latinos are mestizos, people of varying racial mixture that is predominately native and Iberian from Spain. What makes them unique is their customs and uniqueness of their perspective countries of origin.

But Latinos are also the least supported of all minorities. I might even say least popular. Besides rich people who want Latin immigrants for cheap labor. Blacks have the liberal establishment that have always stood by their side. Asians are greatly affluent and successful for their small numbers here. And I know for a fact if the thread title was "wont NYC become boring after jews will take over", it wouldn't have lasted a page because it would be locked. Essentially Hispanics are the least "respected" of all minorities, having no particular edge that interests self-important ideologues or fetishists as other groups do.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,328,299 times
Fozamo if you haven't been locking your door all this time it only means 2 things: A: You are deranged or B: You don't have a door, just a cardboard box you live in. Or it could mean both these things.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,669,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Fozamo if you haven't been locking your door all this time it only means 2 things: A: You are deranged or B: You don't have a door, just a cardboard box you live in. Or it could mean both these things.
I concur...

Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 AM

154 posts, read 448,225 times
Honestly, If Hispanics do take over then im out of here! I want to live in the Big Apple and not Platono city! Seriously! I don't care if I sound racist, I wish it was argentinians moving to NYC and not like the typical ones from Columbia n ecaudor! Even the way they speak Spanish is ghetto! It's not The Spanish spoken in Spain! I'm sure the majority of them are lovely hardworking pple but there should be like a quota so that we don't have lots of pple here from SA.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,575,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Essentially Hispanics are the least "respected" of all minorities, having no particular edge that interests self-important ideologues or fetishists as other groups do.
Not in my book. I like them. Well, the non-violent ones.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,959,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
Honestly, If Hispanics do take over then im out of here! I want to live in the Big Apple and not Platono city! Seriously! I don't care if I sound racist, I wish it was argentinians moving to NYC and not like the typical ones from Columbia n ecaudor! Even the way they speak Spanish is ghetto! It's not The Spanish spoken in Spain! I'm sure the majority of them are lovely hardworking pple but there should be like a quota so that we don't have lots of pple here from SA.
I met some ex nyers who told me the samething when nyc became mostly jewish and black, the two largest ethnic groups in the city. No offense though. I know some people who want to leave nyc because jews control much labor infastructure, finance and politics. Any way la hiam!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:24 AM

9,239 posts, read 23,998,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
When will you be leaving ? When they get to 50.1% or when we elect our 1st Hispanic mayor? Both will happen fairly soon, though it's hard to tell which will happen first. The white population is going down every year,the black population is going down every year and the hispanic population is increasing every year.Given that the "non hispanic white" population of NYC is already down to 35% it's sort of inevitable.

Last edited by bluedog2; 02-25-2011 at 05:50 AM..

Old 02-25-2011, 10:19 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,328,299 times
That's cool....people have been leaving NYC for that same reason and many others for well over 100 years...and it frees up space for all the people who do want to be here...and keeps NYC fresh with new blood and talent...and there is a long line of them coming. Peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City