Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times

Advertisements

Seems like Jenny dont want to be associated with the Bronx anymore... like in the past when this former Castle Hill resident boasted of being from "Southside Bronx".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 01:42 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
She does...but only when she is trying to maintain credibility and sell an album. Otherwise she is busy supporting her hsuband's "habit." And anyone who lives in the Bronx know what his "habit" was/is.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
I earlier mentioned Reagan and the Bronx. So here is the elderly man "fishin for votes" on Charlotte St. Finally with the nineties and mayor Dinkins some revitalization started to happen.
Attached Thumbnails
American Idol depicts the Bronx-05_reagan_1980_co.jpg  

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 02-28-2011 at 03:10 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 02:51 PM

22 posts, read 61,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I earlier mentioned Reagan and the Bronx. so here is the elderly man "fishin for votes" on Charlotte St. Finally with the nineties and mayor Dinkins some revitalization started to happen.
great pic!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:11 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Media can either enhance or destroy someone or some places reputation. Like I said before many Americans who were born before 1976 can never forget Howard Cassel say the Bronx is burning or when the nation watched Jimmy Carter walk down Charlotte street declaring the Bronx is the worse area in America. Many of these Americans who were alive and young back then have grown children of ther own, and these people vividly remember the Bronx's image from the media of the 70s and 80s they dont want thier children to transplant themselves in the Bronx. Now with American idol, and Glenn Beck dissing Coop City, only adds more fuel to the fire on national media tarnishing the Bronx image and reputation. As for Travis Orlando I wish the kid goodluck and if he becomes a Musician I hope he can improve the image of the Bronx through his music. As for J ho, she should be ashamed of herself for not boosting the Bronx and where she come from in front of Travis.
Yeah I agree. People see the media of the Bronx on TV's and then people are going to think The Bronx is still bad as it used to be. This is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
This is the video depicting the Bronx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p8JqYQhO4c

BTW, I believe that Diaz should pipe down. The kid is talking about his experiences growing up in the Bronx. Murders, robberies, and violence do happen, and unfortunately some people witness or are victims of this for a better part of their lives.
Diaz should not pipe down, because American Idol disrespected the Bronx. Travis stated his struggles, which that is ok. However the members of the American Idol stated that people from the Bronx are ghetto indirectly.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
I like Diaz' video. There's a lot to be proud of in the Bronx. There are always going to be people who want to portray the Bronx like it's still 1976 - even those who live here or are from the Bronx. Any success they have had can seem like more of an accomplishment, and any failure can be blamed on their "environment". As far as I'm concerned, those who see no value in the Bronx are welcome to leave. I'm sure there are less expensive places to live - just hop on that Greyhound to Buffalo and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM

468 posts, read 1,338,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
"No actually Im a plumber" lol!
The look on Gene & Paul's face was priceless.

Years later Gene admitted to being "a miserable son of a *****" during the interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City