U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,483,559 times
I cannot stand the Weight Watchers commercial with Jennifer Hudson screaching. I do think she has a beautiful voice, but that commerical GRATES. Not to mention, I don't believe she lost that weight on WW, but probably lipo and/or some other surgical procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 AM

5,475 posts, read 4,749,699 times
These commercials are an insult to human intelligence.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,610,048 times
indeed. ever notice in those weight loss commercials the person is wearing the exact same clothing in the before and after? hmmmmmm - do they think we're so stupid that we won't notice the "after" clothes magically shrunk to fit the new lean bod? how insulting to the intelligence indeed. the "after" clothes should be loose, not form-fitting. can you say digital alterations?

Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I found it. Hands down the most annoying commercial on tv now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XpqS4KDbI
I LOVE this! lmao!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:34 AM

84 posts, read 183,824 times
Russian laughing at americans, discover card

Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,849,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
This one is PRETTY annoying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6AzmXrNbU
lmao! "We make your dreams come true!"
But seriously, why would anyone want to get married in a place that looks like a nightlub?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:00 AM

Great that this fun thread is back. While many commecials like that cartoon one is really annoying, many commercials are really fun in their stupidity on this thread.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 AM

40,060 posts, read 19,409,660 times
The commercials I hate the most are the ones for "medicines" that have been created to cure brand-new "conditions" and "syndromes" (actually, of course, nothing more than a way for pharmaceutical companies to make more money than they already do!)

When they get to the part where, by law, they have to tell you about potential side effects, all of a sudden the volume drops way down and the announcer starts talking much faster. Heart attack...bleeding ulcers...suicidal thoughts. Now, honestly, what do you have that's bad enough to make you pop a pill like that?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,849,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The commercials I hate the most are the ones for "medicines" that have been created to cure brand-new "conditions" and "syndromes" (actually, of course, nothing more than a way for pharmaceutical companies to make more money than they already do!)

When they get to the part where, by law, they have to tell you about potential side effects, all of a sudden the volume drops way down and the announcer starts talking much faster. Heart attack...bleeding ulcers...suicidal thoughts. Now, honestly, what do you have that's bad enough to make you pop a pill like that?
I might be biased because my father works in pharmaceuticals, but I blame people who just take any pill they're given, not the companies. They have a right to sell whatever they want and convince people to buy them, but it's up to consumers to decide whether or not to take it. I've said no to my doctor after being prescribed something I knew was highly addictive.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:03 AM

4,147 posts, read 4,787,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Haha I totally get that. Like restless leg syndrome. Or (being a girl) stupid things like "heavy periods" since when is that a disorder that requires medication besides a heating pad and a box of chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City