U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM

4,502 posts, read 8,048,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
um i knew that. Im trying to say that i dont think she is bi-racial just black

Sorry.... I thought your post said you think she's mulatto.

Anyway, she's definitely not 100% black. Her skin color and her features aren't those of a 100% black person. She's absolutely mixed (black/white). I'm sure part of her defense will be something along the lines of her white father not being in her life and her mother doing whatever she could to raise her child in the ghettos of Harlem, blah blah blah, blah............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 PM

518 posts, read 814,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waferdanos View Post
Yeah, the Matrix weren't blamed... but death metal and violent video games like Grant Theft Auto were blamed. Continuously. Did you live under a rock?
NOPE - I think we are in agreement - I am an avid gamer and hate the way Fox News and others, but mostly Fox derides games as the be all to end all - their latest hit piece on Bulletstorm pretty much said the game will incite rape...come'on Fox news - rape?

Oh, but I do sometimes wish I lived under a rock, sounds nice and quiet...

Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,930,670 times
Black people come in all shades and colors and have many different features. I've come across a couple of non-mixed Africans (unless you count being from different African tribes as mixed) who look pretty similar to this Afrika person. I don't know if she herself is 100% black, but just because she has light skin doesn't mean she's half white.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 PM

953 posts, read 1,404,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post

Anyway, she's definitely not 100% black. Her skin color and her features aren't those of a 100% black person. She's absolutely mixed (black/white). I'm sure part of her defense will be something along the lines of her white father not being in her life and her mother doing whatever she could to raise her child in the ghettos of Harlem, blah blah blah, blah............
, wow, omigawd indeed. Today's hip-hop is a glorification of a situation that already exists, someone keeps repeating "monkey see monkey do" I say " what came first the chicken or the egg?" When hip-hop wasn't glorifying drugs and violence, in fact when it was extremely conscious and anti-crack back in the 80's and early 90's. The crack epidemic was huge and the murder rates were way higher than what they are now, especially in New York. I won't deny that alot of kids use criminality as more of a fashion statement as opposed to the "means of survival" scenario due to artists glorifying the dumbing down and self destruction of our people. But eliminating a music form will not change any of these problems. And as for her proving her blackness by engaging in in gun/drug trafficking...that seems a bit of a reach.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 PM

4,386 posts, read 5,622,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post

She could be mix with Hispanic or she could be Egyptian. Egypt is in Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Whatever happened to individual responsibility?? It's hip hop's fault she was slanging guns for her loser bf? I didn't see rock get blamed when those columbine kids shot up a school.
Yeah it is nonsense that Hip Hop should be blamed. The parents of the kids should be blamed for their actions of their kids. Parents should take parenting classes.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM

97 posts, read 140,141 times
Wow she had all that going for her then messes it all up by hanging with the wrong crowd, this stuff happens everyday but i do agree hip-hop has a negative effect on black youth, i don't see how you can disagree with this statement maybe its because i actually sit there down and observe my people in the way they act but its so obvious to me, i mean what mainstream artist rap song doesn't degrade black women and talk about killing? 50 cent, gucci mane, rick ross, lil wayne, wiz khalifa etc.... all these artist also rap about drugs,weed, coke, marijuana etc, minorities make up majority of hiphop listeners and they make up most crime in america, are people this blind? I dont see Caucasians acting like fools & animals so it gotta be whats in the music (hip-hop). im on WSHH everyday and every crime/altercation is "Hip-Hop" in my eyes.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...iuJj3Ha776PpTO
^Look at this Video (recent), I like to call it "NWA"
Being a "Thug" is Hiphop

Study this Video i posted closely, look how he takes the pictures of MONEY in his hands, thats called "Cash Money" meaning im "getting money" where he get that from? Hip-Hop! Come on man this "HipHop" is a black culture thing, Ok Now look at the group of blacks throwing up Gang signs, where he get that from? Gangsta Rap Music which is.... Hip-Hop! And what signs are they throwing up? His Gang Or either Neighborhood, Then he says hes with the "bethel heights Gang Just thuggin and chillen" Now who made it cool to be a "THUG" now? Hip-hop! My case closed

And nah hiphop will never die off its just going to keep changing its a form of entertainment, i remember in 9th grade my teacher kept tellin me by 2012 hiphop will be dead i looked at him like "wtf" are you talking about, money may slow up for artist but i dont believe it will go away completely it will still be influencing the youth in the projects greatly.

Last edited by Skratch; 02-28-2011 at 09:43 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 11:04 PM

5,475 posts, read 5,068,575 times
When I was growin up my idols was singing about takin drugs, poppin pills and alcohol. What do you think I was doing after listening to those songs...

Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 PM

5,475 posts, read 5,068,575 times
But I'm not sayin that every listener chooses that path.

But I must admit I liked the song and video of Jay Z and 99 problems(those electric guitars rock!).

OJ got 99 problems "but a ***** aint one"!

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 03-01-2011 at 01:53 PM..

Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM

40,059 posts, read 20,017,663 times
Times change, but evidently paranoia does not. A shade more than 50 years ago, the FBI decided to crack down on that subversive new virus called "rock 'n roll." Now it's 2011, and society must be protected from hip hop. Come back to this forum in another 25 or 30 years, and you can rest assured it will be something else.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:34 PM

8,752 posts, read 9,665,287 times
It will be the "evil" Indian music corrupting our youth in 25 years, or maybe the latest Halal Cart DJs conspiring to turn our kids into muslims through Arab Hip Hop/Rock N Roll Music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: