U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 PM

6,736 posts, read 10,915,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
I'm not a woman, but here is some quick advice based on a lifetime of women.
So you're saying you're making a post about what you've HEARD from women.

If you are going to do this then stop the forum police BS that you are spewing in other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Some posters appear to post for the sake of posting---even when they are not KNOWING and have nothing constructive to add. For example, 'I've never lived there, but this is what I've HEARD'. Sound familiar? What one has "heard" has no factual relevency, as it has no basis in truth, let alone reality. There are those who engage in this mentality regularly. It is wrong and the forum members should police against it. In any event, I do hope you get my drift.)

I do not post about that which I do not know, either from knowledge or experience, or both. Such s/b made a standard of this forum.

Good day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM

56 posts, read 60,959 times
I think it's nice to have nice things if you can afford to do so. I don't have a problem buying something if it's going to make me comfortable. I find that if I'm not comfortable when I'm off the clock, then I'm not comfortable when I'm on the clock, because I haven't had time to relax and enjoy the things that I work to enjoy.

Function is great, but personally I need to be comfortable to function or I'm not as productive as I could be. I'm not saying this is for you, just how I feel.

That said, perhaps you should take the advice and upscale your surroundings a little more. I don't know what to suggest specifically because I don't know what kind of furniture you like, what your living space specifically looks like, or how much you'd be willing to spend etc so you'll have to do that yourself. But maybe think about what kind of houses you admire, get a few catalogues and go to some home stores. You don't even need to commit to buying, just take a look around and see how some things make you feel.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:35 AM

518 posts, read 734,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
So you're saying you're making a post about what you've HEARD from women.

If you are going to do this then stop the forum police BS that you are spewing in other threads.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM

6,393 posts, read 10,477,313 times
^^^^^ Couldn't agree more.ROTFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City