Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 AM

721 posts, read 1,199,965 times

Advertisements

I will start from Upper East Side in Manhattan, and head to Baltimore, MA.

What's the easiest way to get to I-95 South across the Hudson River from the Upper East Side?

I may travel mid-day on either Friday or Saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,312,179 times
You realize there is such a thing as mapquest right? The easiest way (and least amount of tolls) is to take the FDR north to Willis Ave briidge, stay on the right lane as it splits in the Bronx. Make a right at the end of the bridge at the light, which is bruckner blvd. Go straight, and follow the curve left under the Major Deegan overpass, then after the underpass stay on the right lane and go up the ramp onto the Bruckner. Continue on the bruckner in the left lane through the Bronx, staying in the left lane, and you will hit 95 after the cross bronx.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You realize there is such a thing as mapquest right? The easiest way (and least amount of tolls) is to take the FDR north to Willis Ave briidge, stay on the right lane as it splits in the Bronx. Make a right at the end of the bridge at the light, which is bruckner blvd. Go straight, and follow the curve left under the Major Deegan overpass, then after the underpass stay on the right lane and go up the ramp onto the Bruckner. Continue on the bruckner in the left lane through the Bronx, staying in the left lane, and you will hit 95 after the cross bronx.
Do I have to cross the George Washington Bridge if I take this route? Long traffic jam everytime I cross the George Washington Bridge!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,932,584 times
If you're traveling at a time where there will be traffic on the GW bridge, then going further south to the Lincoln or Holland Tunnels will not be better and probably worse since you have to travel through the city to get to them.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
If you're traveling at a time where there will be traffic on the GW bridge, then going further south to the Lincoln or Holland Tunnels will not be better and probably worse since you have to travel through the city to get to them.
Do you suggest that taking GW bridge will be faster than taking the tunnels (Lincoln tunnel or Holland tunnel) almost at anytime?

Can you give me an idea of the wait time to get through GW bridge mid-day on Friday or on Saturday?

Thanks

Old 03-14-2011, 11:45 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,460,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
Do you suggest that taking GW bridge will be faster than taking the tunnels (Lincoln tunnel or Holland tunnel) almost at anytime?

Can you give me an idea of the wait time to get through GW bridge mid-day on Friday or on Saturday?

Thanks
I would suggest taking the GW on Sat. That shouldn't be too bad.
Friday, you will be slammed with work traffic. Also, listen to 1010 AM - if the GW is backed up for whatever reason, then you can take the Lincoln Tunnel. it will
be easier to get to it on a Saturday.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,268,562 times
Please GWB is trafficky anytime. I've gone on it @ 2am on some random Tuesday and I hit traffic.

never fails.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,460,959 times
^^^ i didn't say there won't be congestion, but it is still a lot easier on Sat.

trust me, i had to commute from Lower Manhattan to Ft Lee, NJ via the GWB everyday for 4 yrs. i kinda have an idea

Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,031,660 times
I'd suggest taking the Holland Tunnel. It'll be quicker than the GWB.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,542,403 times
Default why put them

on The Bruckner/Sheridan if they're going over the GWB? that's out of the way. they should take The Deegan I 87 from the Willis or go into the Harlem River Drive into the GWB. more direct and less mileage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: