Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times

Advertisements

I am not saying these things don't exist, but I think your perception of them is far worse than reality. I live in a similar neighborhood and deal with similar issues, but it would be a great exageration to claim all the things that you do, although they do exist. However, taken all together it is unbearable and everyone has their breaking point, and it sounds like you have reached yours.

You should try looking at Parkchester, as they have fairly strict rules on such things, it is a controlled community with its own security, it is very affordable, has lots of amenities, on an express train, green with lots of trees, lots of families, and working-middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 05:53 AM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Well SoBroGuy - with the help of some of the members of this forum, I am looking at Bronxdale as a place to land - You are correct, I have reached my breaking point - its been over 12 yrs of watching my nabe go from bad to unbearable. Everything I mentioned in my earlier post is true, (unfortunately for me and my family) we are pretty quiet people. And I have a 11 month old!

Parkchester and Norwood are the other 2 nabes I have my eye on for new digs- I have always admired the Pre-War tiled foyers and large bathrooms of the Bronx and look forward to coming home to one in the near future.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,414 times
The Pelham Bay area is one of the best neighborhoods in the Bronx. The neighborhood is nice and quiet and not "ghetto." I grew up here and it's right next to Pelham Bay Park which is great and nice to go to throughout the year (a great for barbeques!)

Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 AM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
well, Bronxdale has won out, as a place for us to land - already in talks - just waiting on some paperwork to come through and we can sign a contract (fingers crossed) - Ive got my fingers crossed - Im looking forward to leaving Woodhaven - the guy who runs the auto parts shop 2 doors down was loading the speaker cabinets from a truck last night (in the middle of the night) - thank god it rained - or he'd be hammering / nailing them ALL morning

I took a nice long walk through Bronxdale - and I was shocked at how wonderful it was - it reminded me of Woodhaven in the 80's- quiet side streets with families, people walking with their kids - I actually saw DADS with their sons - I almost teared up - and a bustling avenue with a ton of amenities - more importantly, DIVERSITY in the residents - oh I was so happy

I only hope to be a part of this community - I am always involved with the block association, and would even like to be a volunteer at the school across from me - I am so nervous....this waiting is killing me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City