U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM

69 posts, read 183,423 times

Advertisements

can you guys recommend some clean, active, decent size b-ball courts in manhattan not really picky on location but ill be near bryant park on 42nd street so somewhere walking distance to there would be best but not necessary.

just looking for populated, yet clean, and kid friendly if my son tags along. not trying to get stabbed for winning a game of 21 haha.

thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM

4,259 posts, read 6,320,198 times
good luck looking for basketball courts in midtown manhattan. there may be some indoors somewhere, but as far as outdoors? the land there is just too expensive for the city to let it go for a playground or anything like that. just bryant park and maybe a few vest pocket places with seating for office workers. closet thing you might find is way east or west of midtown near the rivers, and even them you're probably talking the mid-40s' around 9th or 10th on the west side and the 30s near the midtown tunnel on the east.

id be curious if anyone knows anything closer.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
good luck looking for basketball courts in midtown manhattan. there may be some indoors somewhere, but as far as outdoors? the land there is just too expensive for the city to let it go for a playground or anything like that. just bryant park and maybe a few vest pocket places with seating for office workers. closet thing you might find is way east or west of midtown near the rivers, and even them you're probably talking the mid-40s' around 9th or 10th on the west side and the 30s near the midtown tunnel on the east.

id be curious if anyone knows anything closer.

i doesnt have to be midtown im willing to hike it to a solid park. i actually though there was a park up on 47th and 10th hells kitchen park or something not sure if it has a court though. ill walk 10-20blocks without a problem. i just want something active and clean.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 PM

nobody can chime in on a bball court lol

Old 03-22-2011, 09:02 PM

144 posts, read 411,204 times
try the playground 17th between 8th and 9th on a saturday, the cage(w 4th street) any day before 2PM(too crowded after 2PM at least for my taste) houston st park also has good run, but some people dislike the double rims, and also try chelsea park(28th between 9th and 10th)

Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM

28th will be the quickest walk is it decent size?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 PM

144 posts, read 411,204 times
there are parks closer 46th 9th ave, 43rd and 9th ave, 46th and 47th 10th ave are closer. i know chelsea park its little bit larger size than the a regular court playground court, but smaller than the size gym size court.

try: http://basketballnyc.com/courts.php?...Name%2FKeyword for more info

Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,386,378 times
List of Manhattan basketball courts.

Here is the list of basketball courts. Look for the list of handball courts on the same website. Handball is a much better game than basketball.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM

442 posts, read 1,156,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
List of Manhattan basketball courts.

Here is the list of basketball courts. Look for the list of handball courts on the same website. Handball is a much better game than basketball.
handball is a better game? thanks for sharing your opinion, nobody asked. thats why theres a HBA not an NBA right? gtfoh handball isnt even a real sport

Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
handball is a better game? thanks for sharing your opinion, nobody asked. thats why theres a HBA not an NBA right? gtfoh handball isnt even a real sport

haha i like how he randomly says handball is a better game when i stated baskeball lol. after seeing your name where do you play lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or