Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times

Advertisements

Instead of 8.4 million happy New Yorkers now its a disgruntiled 8.1 million New Yorkers. I guess its an epic fail for Bloomberg and for the entire city that we live in. WHen you have white Hipster Transplants who are anti Govt and illegal immigrants who fear the government, your going to get a huge problem on your hands because these people dont want to be documented for what ever purposes.

New York's Hipsters Too Cool For The Census : NPR

Mayor Bloomberg: NYC Got Jacked In 2010 Census | New York Daily News)

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/03...results_a.html

My thing is this that Bloomberg and his croonies along with his cult followers need to understand that hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers left the city aswell so I guess the population stagnates to some degree. Not much loss and not much gain. I know many people who left New York City for greener pastures and for some it was the best move they ever made. People are also born and people also die in this city. Blacks are going back down south after years of being concentrated in housing prjs, Puerto Ricans are going to PA, NJ and FL. The white flight in NYC is still not over the Irish and Italians are still leaving. Many of the cities Jews are getting old and dying of age. Then you have immigrants both legal and illegal, and migrants such as Transplants from across America moving into NYC. People also switch boroughs like how many Washington Heights residents are moving to the BRonx. I dont blame federal workers for screwing up the New York City Census, there just serving thier community and our country, most of my blame goes to Bloomberg and the people he caters too like illegal immigrants and gentrifying transplants from middle America. At the end of the day these people dont wanna get counted, oh well. Bloomberg should not be upset he help create this mess by pricing out many people in this city. Not only that but that planyc2030 when nyc is projected to hit 9 million probably wont happen by then either. I guess areas of Brooklyn and QUeens wont get much federal aid money. What you guys think about Bloombergs demise on the cities census?

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-26-2011 at 02:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 AM

573 posts, read 970,838 times
It's true that many people in NYC are moving away because prices are just too high. I don't think Bloomberg is the only reason. Mayors past also had a hand in changing NYC to what we have today.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:32 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times
Illegal immigrants SHOULD fear the government.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:58 AM

518 posts, read 1,579,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Instead of 8.4 million happy New Yorkers now its a disgruntiled 8.1 million New Yorkers. I guess its an epic fail for Bloomberg and for the entire city that we live in. WHen you have white Hipster Transplants who are anti Govt and illegal immigrants who fear the government, your going to get a huge problem on your hands because these people dont want to be documented for what ever purposes.

New York's Hipsters Too Cool For The Census : NPR

Mayor Bloomberg: NYC Got Jacked In 2010 Census | New York Daily News)

New York City Census Results Are In, Mayor Already Quibbling -- Daily Intel

My thing is this that Bloomberg and his croonies along with his cult followers need to understand that hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers left the city aswell so I guess the population stagnates to some degree. Not much loss and not much gain. I know many people who left New York City for greener pastures and for some it was the best move they ever made. People are also born and people also die in this city. Blacks are going back down south after years of being concentrated in housing prjs, Puerto Ricans are going to PA, NJ and FL. The white flight in NYC is still not over the Irish and Italians are still leaving. Many of the cities Jews are getting old and dying of age. Then you have immigrants both legal and illegal, and migrants such as Transplants from across America moving into NYC. People also switch boroughs like how many Washington Heights residents are moving to the BRonx. I dont blame federal workers for screwing up the New York City Census, there just serving thier community and our country, most of my blame goes to Bloomberg and the people he caters too like illegal immigrants and gentrifying transplants from middle America. At the end of the day these people dont wanna get counted, oh well. Bloomberg should not be upset he help create this mess by pricing out many people in this city. Not only that but that planyc2030 when nyc is projected to hit 9 million probably wont happen by then either. I guess areas of Brooklyn and QUeens wont get much federal aid money. What you guys think about Bloombergs demise on the cities census?
I think it will be a cold day in hell when an illegal lets the govt know where they are living - there are about 22- 24 ppl living in the single family home that is semi attached to ours...I doubt they filled out their census form.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,172 times
I think NYC would be great with 5 million people. This city is becoming too crowded.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:58 PM

369 posts, read 618,039 times
How does Dumbberg know how many people live in NY? You mean he sent out more than 8.1 re-elect me brochures each day in 2009?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
There are other threads that discuss the mayor and his policies. Please return to a discussion of census results. Discussions of the administration that are DIRECTLY related to the census are acceptable. All other commentary is for another thread. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-26-2011 at 08:02 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 08:07 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
um, maybe because we let so many immigrants from third world countries into our country that do not know their ass from their elbow and do not fill out the cencus reports........

Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times
Not sure why this is a Bloomberg problem? Or why it is an immigrant problem? Immigrants have always been major players in NYC forever, so counting immigrants, legal or otherwise, has always been a problem, regardless of who the Mayor is. I am still unclear as to the misinformation and pointless hate towards this Mayor....and yet to see any valid reasons for the hostility.

The city has become more expensive because it has become more attractive to the global population, which puts alot of pressure on the "regular" wealthy people, and the almost wealthy people, and on down the line...we are all dealing with it. The census numbers seem screwy to me but counts are notoriously difficult in the city due to illegal subdivided, illegal roommates, illegal basement conversions, etc.. NONE of which is new and has been a historical problem.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnicolas84 View Post
I think NYC would be great with 5 million people. This city is becoming too crowded.

It is only going to get more crowded, every time they tear a structure down, they replace it with high rise condos, so more people can live per square foot.
Hey if it was up to our "dumb ass" Mayor, Manhattan would have of had an area there also, like Manhattan is not crowded enough, we meed an arena......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City