Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 AM

226 posts, read 1,097,623 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say that ingersoll is going under renovations, I don't believe they are going to be calling a lot of people in for apts as of yet because they have a lot of renovations going on over there. Just be patient they will call you but it may take some time. I'm quite sure if they have apt available now meaning they have gone through the complete renovation process from livingroom to the bathroom because there not doing the bedrooms and the smaller apts will be combined to make them one large one, they will begin calling people to move in while they continue to work but it will be a slow process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:53 AM

98 posts, read 391,004 times
Thanks for the info.. when they send you the development list they make u believe that apts are there and ready for u to move in. So when we do move we are basically getting brand new apts? How are 1 bedrooms are they decent size?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Yes it gonna be like a new apt. They are doing the floors too! I have been in a few apt and from my understanding when they start the renovations the apts will be remodeled like the stove won't be here the cabinets will go on that side instead of where they usually are. Its just a lot of work they will be doing.honestly I don't think they are gonna wait for all the apt to be finished to start callin people to move cause this is like a 5 year process and it will be chaos, they will call people as the apt are being complete if you qualify for the apt when its done being renovated. I'm hoping to get on the waiting list and I hope it will be a development choice of mines when they do send me the list.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:36 AM

But they have been doing these renovation for a few years now I read. I will cont to call and check on my status so that my paperwork don't get lost in all the chaos. Looking forward to moving to a brand new apt so the wait will be worth it.. hope you and your unborn can get in..keep in touch and let me know when u get your interview.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM

8 posts, read 25,511 times
well i being on the waiting list for ingersoll since may 2010 and until now i have not receive no letters they always tell me the same the is the computer who choose who comes next on the list am waiting for a 3 br app.and now is a year still waiting

Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,866 times
can i still apply for housing??? its now 5-23-11 and if i can where do i go???

Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 PM

You can print the application from the nycha website or go to there office depending on your area

Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Ok so I received a letter from NYCHA stating that my application was accepted whooo hooo and my priority is Need base 4 and working class priority. Does anyone know the next step or process they take? Like they said I'm on the waiting list but no developement! What does that mean. When will they send me the developement list to get on a waiting list.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:37 PM

205 posts, read 977,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Ok so I received a letter from NYCHA stating that my application was accepted whooo hooo and my priority is Need base 4 and working class priority. Does anyone know the next step or process they take? Like they said I'm on the waiting list but no developement! What does that mean. When will they send me the developement list to get on a waiting list.
They will send you another letter about an interview then they will send you a list of developments. Then I believe they will send you a letter stating that you are on the waiting list for the development you choose. After that when the apartment is available, they will contact you by phone to go look at the apartment.

I'm still waiting for an interview. Priority #8

Old 05-28-2011, 09:24 PM

do they send out the interview letters fast like less then 6 months. And for some reason in the letter stating they accepted my application it says that my application stays on file for 1 year only and after that i have to renew it by filling out a new application. Is this new because I thought they stay on file for 3 years? Thats what the website says and thats what i remember the women telling me one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City